Thursday, June 30, 2011

Not really related in any way.

So there was a space before we came to the land of milk and honey that I was computer deficient. I took pictures, hither and thither, of the girls but didn't post them. In totally unrelated order here are some.
.
Bianca went through this very fervent panties phase while we were at the In Laws. Multiple times a day she would waltz into Olivia's room, especially after bath time and right before bed time, and would load up on the briefs. Like to the point that it was almost impossible for her to walk with all her pantie shenanigans. Yet, out she would walk, totally calm faced like there was nothing wrong in having forty eleven panties up and down her legs.
Not only that, but she would try to do every day play time stuff with her forty eleven panties on. It was pretty hilarious and Teri and I would die laughing every time. A favorite out fit of the girls to wear was their matching Awmy Guy outfits. They felt so fancy! People in the store when we would go out would get a kick of it too. Olivia really loved it when people asked if her Dad was an Army Guy. We have only been up to the DLI once to visit Marcus on lunch break and when we went I had the girls in these outfits. They were the talk of the town, the teachers thought they were adorable. They also got to try out some of their hanguk skills. Well Olivia did. Well really the only thing she can say is Hi: "Annyahisayo".
Also we have been missing this Lady, especially the last few days. Magical Auntie Helen. Olivia started busting out this song at the dinner table about Alligators and these Alligators were snapping at some monkeys. She was doing all the actions and singing the song and I can't ever remember her singing it period and here she is doing the whole thing from start to finish.
.
Marcus and I were just gazing at her open mouthed. Then he looks at me and goes "Did Helen teach her that? That totally seems like a magical Auntie Helen thing." Which is about the time I vaguely remember her singing that song with Olivia, but it had to be at least a month or two ago. But it stuck with her and even though I have not heard her sing it until now, she belted out that sucker with the hugest smile on her face. Magical Auntie Helen's have a way of staying with you forever, in case you didn't know. I think it is part of the power that makes them so magical. Anyway, my heart felt so full I thought it would burst and for that moment I felt such an intense urge of homesickness.
.
Just wanting to run to Helen's for the weekend and read Martha Stewart and watch the Royal Wedding. Just wanting to have my late night talks with the In Laws. Just wanting to have the perfect girl time with the bestie. Just wanting to play outside in the garden at my Mom's.
.
But then I looked at Marcus and instantly felt better. Instantly knew our place was here with him and the homesick ebbed away. Olivia keeps singing the alligator song and it keeps making me smile.

6 comments:

Teri Johnson said...

Love your posts Vashti. They keep us in touch with what's happening in the magical place that is California.

We miss you terribly but as you said, your place is there with my sweet son.

We love you and the girls and all their shenanagins. Take care my dear daughter-in-law.

Vashti said...

We miss you too Teri! We need to set up a skype date soon!

Peter and Lesha said...

oh that made me cry, so glad you love it there. hope you have a good fourth

Anonymous said...

it never ceases to amaze me just how magical auntie helen is. i like to boast that i was one of the first to experience her magical powers. i am not at all embarrassed to state that i am STILL blown away with her magical effect on me even now as a 34 year old adult. i must say that her bag of tricks is even greater than Mary Poppins'.
Love you guys!!
ask marcus if he remembers the pinata that Helen made single handedly?? it looked kinda like a yellow ducky-ish thing. must have been for Easter..

Lydia said...

The girls are so cute in their army guy outfits :)

Andrea said...

very sweet post. Glad you are "home"