Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Suburbia

So I have never really lived in a suburb before and I have to say I kinda love it. It also helps how family orientated Ft. Ord is, but still!!
.
I love walking everywhere with the girls. We go on a walk at least once a day and play at the park. I love walking to the grocery store. I love being less than 5 min drive to Costco and target. It is so convenient!
.
Marcus also did a really great job of picking out our housing. I went to Relief Society last night and it was all about planting raised vegetable gardens and what kinds of plants work well for our area. I walked to it (it was held at a persons house) and it was just interesting to see of two other units and also how close they are to their neighbors and location to the freeway etc. It is also crazy how many LDS people live within a 10 minute walk of my house. I love it!
.
Besides our next door neighbors (who I never hear and rarely see) I can't really see any of our neighbors from any of my windows. My kitchen sink window faces into a little grove of trees and it is so relaxing doing dishes looking out into that grove. The ground dips down a little past our house so all the next neighbors down are down the slope. The big tree in the front really keeps our house nice and cool (one of the ladies house last night is in full sun all day and it was ROASTING). Our street is a dead end and it is nice and quiet compared to some of the back and forth traffic of some of the other streets.
.
Marcus did a great job and looking at all the angles and picking the house that would be the best for us.
.
We have our first little friend coming over to play today! The girls are really excited! Plus we are going on a family excursion to Costco tonight to load up on essentials. My fridge is looking pretty sad right now!

No comments: