Tuesday, June 7, 2011

21 and then some...

We always try to get out of the house after dinner. Either a walk to the park or to play basketball at one of the outdoor courts or SOMETHING! It has been harder to fit in regular workouts and it is so nice here that we just get outside any chance we can get.
.
So we went on a little run to the Hayes Park bball court to get our game on. I always insist on pushing the girls in the stroller whether we walk or run because I feel like it makes any activity we are doing that much more of a workout, however long or short it may be. So running down Monterey Road pushing the double jogger I felt all studly. Clipping along at a good pace, wind breezing through my hair.
.
We busted out 4 games of 21 and I actually won one! (In case you have never played with Marcus, he is crazy fast and almost always gets to the rebound first. So winning one felt really good.) There may or may not have been some inappropriate fouling going on. It may or may not have been me doing the said fouling. It may or may not have made no difference whatsoever in the outcome of said game.
.
I then insisted on pushing the girls up the hill for the run back. I didn't feel as studly. My legs are still burning! I just made sure I kept running the whole way, no matter how slow I got I made sure that I didn't stop to walk. Marcus was cheering me along right beside me.
.
We bring a bunch of little balls for the girls and they run around and play while we get our game on. They were really good tonight so they got Popsicles in the tub when we got home. I was tidying up the rest of the house while Marcus was keeping and eye on the girls and all of a sudden I hear the loudest fart rip. Then everyone starts laughing hysterically. Olivia was tooting one right after the other, in rhythm to her laughter! (Her mothers daughter FOR SURE). Marcus kept calling her Tooty-McGruber. We were all dying it was so funny.
.
Now all is quiet and Marcus is watching some Korean drama called Coast Guard. Most of the Korean movies I have seen since we got here have been pretty cheesy but this one has some serious acting going on. I also have some brownies that are calling my name. Running up that big hill tonight.... I feel like I deserve a little treat!
.
Also speaking of Korean... not to get all braggy McBraggerson on you guys.... but Marcus had his first semester tests a week or so ago and he is currently at a 4.0! I am so over the moon about all he has accomplished here! He is working so hard and the classes are SO tough and he is still excelling. Anyway I am just so proud of him and wanted to share :)

6 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

GO MARCUS!!! That is so awesome! And you can have all the brownies you want chugging up that kind of hill Ms. V!!

Dane & Adrie said...

marcus is the man

anna b. said...

rightfully so!!


I can only imagine the laughter that went on with that fart. You Radder kids and all of that flatulence!! Goodness..

I love that idea of bringing balls for the girls to play with..I might have to follow your lead. Don't tell Jamie, but I've been really enjoying basketball lately!! What?! Yes. true.

hi Jamie.

Peter and Lesha said...

good job marcus you are a smartie

Unknown said...

These are happy posts. And I love them :)

Jayme said...

I'll see you on Wednesday nights then Anna :)

"special fouls" are definatly ok in married 21.