Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scripture Power

One of the songs Olivia is learning in Primary is Scripture Power. You can listen to it HERE, these are some cute Primary kids singing it. Olivia doesn't know the whole song, but she busts out parts of the chorus randomly throughout her day. It is pretty cute.
The other day she went into my room and got out my scriptures and brought them out into the kitchen. She is doing this thing where she tells you in a very Mommy way about something she is doing. Not asking you, TELLING you.
.
So she comes out and is all like (in a very matter of fact tone).
"Mom. I am using your scriptures because I have to get my scripture power. Okay? Okay. I just really need mine scripture power today. I will put it back when I am all finished. Okay? Okay."
.
Then she proceeds to "read" aloud the scriptures story that she was reading. It was a very wonderful tale, all about Jesus and how he used dragons to help save all the people of the earth. And then Snow White came and they sang "Hi, Ho. Hi, HO" and everybody was happy. Amen.

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

so good that you are writing it down that is precious.

Jayme said...

Go Olivia!

Lydia said...

That is way cute!

Kristen said...

I think I need to borrow your scriptures. Mine don't have that story, but it sounds awesome.