Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let me Kindly Introduce you.

Apparently I am computer retarded and have been instructed by one wiser in the ways of the internet as to how I can upload pictures to my blog whilst I am in computer limbo. Et Voila! I am proud to present Stilwell Manor, AKA my humble abode.
.
We opted to live in the older housing available here at Ord so we could save some shillings from our housing allowance. I was a little flustered by things when we first got here but have quickly adapted the attitude that I live in Vintage Housing. Like any good piece of vintage accoutrements it does have it's gently worn bits (or mega worn bits) but nothing that a good spit and polish couldn't do to ease the wear. So let us please take a waltz about my fine vintage home...
Firstly, can I just say how I love how much storage we have! Each closet was made to reach it's full storage potential and I love it! These are the his and hers closets of my grand master suite!
Mmmmmm. Nothing more delicious or pleasing to the eye than a straightened and made bed.
A little rental trickery on our part. There is a glorious storage room/pantry that I love. It was the perfect size to house our little deep freeze but lacked the outlet to plug it in. Darrol, with a little ingenuity on his part, replaced the light fixture with this light fixture/outlet combo and just a wee little extension cord later we had a new and improved storage room!

This little beaut is conveniently located off the kitchen area, so whilst my actual kitchen cupboards are limited I can store all of my bakery needs in here!
Kitchen from the side door angle. Directly to the right of where I am standing is where the washer and dryer are. I do my cooking and laundry without having to traipse about my house! Bianca really enjoys taking out all of my silverware. ALL THE TIME.
This is the view of my kitchen from standing right in front of the door to the super pantry. I love the little grove of trees outside this window. I always look out while I am doing dishes and can see little birds flitting about and the sun shining down through the branches. It is so peaceful.
Here is my dining area with the lovely table we acquired from magical Aunt Helen.
The view of my grand dining room from my living area. Do you see that big cushy chair?? (Or the Jayme chair as Olivia calls it, because Wynden and Jayme have the EXACT same style in their house). That chair has single handedly increased my quality of life. Oh the joys of reclined living! Marcus and I fight over it, as in who gets to sit in it first. Although to be quite honest he mostly just lets me sit in it all the time because he knows how I love it so! Also from Helen. I will sing her praises all the days of my life!
Here is my living area. Hide-a-bed just ready and waiting for guests to come and visit! (Olivia kept going room to room with me so she could be in every picture. I kept pretending I didn't notice, but it was so dang cute!).
Bianca's little oasis (plus the top part of Olivia's head).
Finally one of my favorite rooms at Stilwell Manor. Olivia's big girl room! We got the bed set from Kaitlyn's Mom when she got a new one for her guest room. I had the quilt set already and I love how cute her room is! She feels so fancy every time she goes to sleep. And it makes me smile every time I walk past her room and see her cute little bed and all her things in their place. Or to see her little body in such a big bed when she sleeps at night.
.
So there you have it folks. The grand tour of our new estate! I will be blogging with pictures again now that I have this debacle figured out on a temporary basis! Coming soon to a post near you... introductions to super park, our front pavilion, evening walks, basketball courts, beach side playing and much, much more!!

5 comments:

Auntie Helen said...

I love it that Olivia was in almost all the pictures ! Your place looks nice ~ I was imagining something way more "vintage" hahaha

Peter and Lesha said...

so glad we got to see that! thanks I love having a visual. glad you still like it.

Jayme said...

looks good Vashti, can't wait to visit.

Unknown said...

I think you guys would be CRAZY not to go vintage! Kevin and I are CHEAP~ we lived in the cheapest crap available (way worse than what I'm seeing here, by the way, you have a castle!) but you know what? Saving money rules. Especially before you have 5 million kids and need more space :) You guys are SMART!

Anonymous said...

Yay for pictures! Looks great!