.
Anyway, we have them over once a week (normally on the weekend) and we always have so much fun. The girls LOVE them and Olivia talks about them all week. They are so sweet with the girls and it gives me the chance to cook a little bit bigger of a meal then if it was just our family.
.
This weekend it was Cheesy Broccoli Soup (to DIE for) and these ROLLS. These rolls are AMAZING. Jayme made them a couple of times for family dinner before I left (have I mentioned how I am an honorary Holman for life?? Well, technically speaking, I added the "for life" par. But I plan on them never getting rid of me... in the family sense....obviously they got rid of me geographically...anyway...) THESE ROLLS! Make them, you will thank me. Your Welcome.
.
I was so pumped because I had never technically made either recipe, which in my book is a no-no for entertaining.
Radder Rule for Entertaining: Never make a meal for the first time when entertaining. It adds a lot of unnecessary stress, stick to meals that you have made and that you know turn out great; consistently.
So I was really going out on a limb without having made either recipe, but I had tasted other people making the recipe and was really craving both the soup and the rolls so I just went for it. Undercooked the veggies in the soup a little, but didn't curdle it which I count as a win.
.
I went kinda crazy that night because in addition to making the soup and GLORIOUS rolls, I also made Chocolate Cake (a la box) and THESE muffins. The muffins may or may not have been made at midnight. Marcus was taking Jacobson to the airport in the morning and I didn't want them eating crappy drive thru for breakfast. Plus, I really wanted some for MY breakfast. See I play it out like I am trying to be considerate of other people, but really it is all for my selfish benefit.
.
The soup recipe made TONS and I have been enjoying it for lunch every day since. Sigh. There is only enough left for one more portion tomorrow. Ugh. The rolls only made it through dinner that night. Argh!
1 comment:
That looks delicious!!
Post a Comment