Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Awesome new park discovery

Yesterday and today were forcasted to be gorgeous days. I try not to let a day go by without getting out and doing something and yesterday there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The park was just calling our names!
.
Some of the parks have names, like the main ones, but all the bazillion of little parks don't have names, which can make it a little confusing when you are trying to organize a park outing. This one is on 4th Army Road, so that is what I call it. 4th Army Road park. I also like to find out which members live close to the parks so I know where I can hop over to if we need a bathroom fast. (I wish I could say that I need all this bathroom knowledge for Olivia's sake, but lets be real here, it is as much for my sake as it is hers). Luck would have it that a lovely gal named Jennifer is just right down the road from this little beaut!
.
My friend Tammy and I hiked from our houses over to the park and on our way met my neighbor Ariane who was just coming back from her run with her kids. We invited her to join us and we had a Mommy Mafia going on. It was so awesome because as we got to the park, I saw that my friend Patricia was there and another nice gal named Wendy came a few minutes after us. I love days like that, where it isn't planned and a bunch of people you know just show up there. All the kids playing, sharing snacks and the Mommies hanging out. Quite often it will just be the girls and I at a park, or we make a new friend, but I love it when someone you know well just happens to be there too!
.
We are headed to Del Monte beach again to play in the sand and I am so excited!

No comments: