Monday, June 6, 2011

Accomplishments

So moving to a new place is kinda like the New years all over again. Fresh start, inspiration, invigoration to set up things differently.
.
Thus far I have been able to accomplish the following things DAILY.
.
Wearing my makeup. Serious accomplishment there. I was not so great about doing that before but it feels good to look good and although I am not garish with my makeup I really feel like my face benefits from some eye shadow and mascara.
.
Doing my hair. Which kinda goes hand in hand with the make up thing, but I wash and then style it everyday. Also along with this I have been trying to wear outfits as well. Like not fancy fancy, but just not my yoga pants everyday.
.
Preparing dinner. We have been doing sit-down-at-the-table-eating-altogether dinners every day. We didn't do that as much before Marcus left. The kids would eat dinner first, or sometimes the kids and Marcus and then I would eat later when the kids were in bed. But we set the table and have actual meals altogether (when we are feelin' REAL fancy then we bust out the paper napkins... but that is just for fancy dinner night).
DISCLAIMER: It's not like I cook four course meals for dinner all the time. They have been pretty healthy (meat, a couple of sides and salad) but there have been a few tater tots and mac and cheese nights in there too.
.
When I am at the Park I try to say hi to someone new each time. Sometimes all it ends up being is a Hi, but just starting with the Hi has also lead to meeting new friends, which is pretty cool.
.
Anyway I feel very "domestic goddess" bustling around the house with my hair did and my face on with my sitting down at the table altogether dinners and house all tidied. It might seem like small stuff but I feel really good about it!

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

I need to do better about the eating together Peter gets home most days after 7 and we all are way too hungry by then :)

Anonymous said...

Go Vashti! I feel so much better about myself when I have my hair and makeup done as well. Although in the summers it's so hot that everything gets ruined as soon as I open the door to the humidity. So lately I've just been throwing my hair up while wet and only putting on mascara. But I love looking pretty in the winter and spring!

anna b. said...

Funny thing, that is one thing I tell myself I MUST do. I try to always have make up on, even if I'm sitting at home all day...

I feel like it really makes a difference! Marcus is one happy man I'm sure!!