We went out to brunch that morning with Marcus' parents. It was very nice, quiet morning. I told them they could come if they didn't cry (I know, real nice of me right?) I had been doing good at keeping it together but I knew if anyone else lost it I would to. I was really glad that they came. Having other people there helped to keep the atmosphere light.
Right before we pulled into the parking lot a new song started on our yo gabba gabba CD. It was the good bye song, Marcus tried to change the song quick but Olivia protested profusely "I want goodbye song!! I want goodbye song!!". Olivia was belting it out while me and Marcus became blubbering idiots.
Then after breakfast we were off to the recruiters office where the van was coming to pick him up. It was the longest-shortest 45 minutes. Olivia was informing the recruiter that her Daddy was an "army guy". Bianca was taking her morning nap in the car.
Then before we knew it the van pulled up to take Marcus away. I had a good cry out on the car ride home. When we got in the door Olivia asked me if I was all better now. That is when I remembered the deal I have with myself. I am a cry-er by nature. All manner of things make the tears flow, happiness, sadness, frustration, Dumbo, especially poignant commercials. I agreed to let myself cry when the feelings become to much, get it out as it were. But then after that I need to lock it up for the girls. I can't be walking around an incoherent mess all the time. So that car ride home was my time to let it out. I told Olivia I was better and got to work packing for our road trip (which we just got back from).
Now that I am home, in my real life again (not the fantasy life of vacationing) I am going to take things one day at a time. Try to live it up a little. I could watch barefoot contessa til my hearts content, or marathon after marathon of BBC original miniseries. Welcome to the Radder house... land of estrogen overload.
5 comments:
ok that made me cry for like ever! good things my kids are napping, hope your road trip was fun I will give you a chance to unwind and then I will invade cause I can use some estrogen overload too:)
my heart goes out to you... having some of the same feelings, you almost made me cry! (that is quite a feet!) you are a strong woman, and i hope that the time goes quickly for you!
And you know what sweetie? It's OKAY for the girls to see you cry once in a while because you miss Marcus ~ they miss their Daddy. And it's healthy!!! What's not healthy is to suppress the feelings too much "for the girls". This is going to be a part of their (and yours) lives for a long time. You have LOTS of people that love your family. Us included!! Hoorah!!!
Love ya girl! If you need ANYTHING let me know. You are such a strong and beautiful woman.
Here if you need me, but you should have known that already :)
Post a Comment