Last night was a girl night. I put the kids to bed at a friend's house so we could watch a chick flick. It was so much fun and the time flew by. Then it all of a sudden got REAL late. You know, the kind of late where you are having fun with friends and then *POOF* it is past midnight..
Driving home on the county roads, all was quiet. Hardly anyone else around. I could see Olivia from my rear view mirror and was watching her sleep. I was not being a neglectful driver, I kept checking the front and the road was also in my peripheral vision, BUT my attention was on my girl.
.
I had just crossed over Hannegan, heading east on Smith. Then very distinctly I had a strong impression.
.
You need to be vigilant. You are carrying very precious cargo.
.
That instant I became fully alert to the road, snapped my eyes straight ahead and saw the deer bound out in front of us. I had just reached 50 mph and had to slam on the brakes and veer sharply to miss the deer and then veer sharply back to not go in the ditch.
.
Had I not had that prompting we would have hit that deer. Not maybe... we absolutely would have hit it.
.
In reflecting on this today I realized something. When we say our prayers, either my own prayers or the family prayers I say with Olivia, we always end them with the plea to keep our Daddy safe on "his awmy twip". We have foolishly never once asked for protection for ourselves. How grateful I am for the prayers of our family and friends on our behalf. For the prayers from my husband, earnestly asking for the safety of his family at home. Those prayers are keeping us safe. Heavenly Father was watching out for me and my precious cargo last night. I am humbled in gratitude for our safe journey. I will not forget to ask for help for myself from now on because I know now that I need it.
3 comments:
Yikes! So glad you listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost!
that is too scary girl you have more guts than me I would have camped out at the friends house cause I hate driving at night. good for you for listening though they are so precious
Thanks for the reminder to be in tune and act upon those promptings. Glad all are safe!
Post a Comment