Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One {of the very many} highlights...

This will be my last vacay post. Most of you that know me, know this about me: I LOVE FOOD. That being said I am sure you can understand why this place was near the top of my list of most magical, delicious, near-spiritual experience favorite places.
Behold! I give unto you the beauty that is Maddox Fine Dining!

Oh my heck. Delicious. Mouth watering. Scrumptious. Indulgent. Home-cookin'. Extravaganza for the taste buds. Ooohin' and Aaahin'.
So I guess you could say I really enjoyed myself there... probably embarrassing everyone else in our group with my declarations of love for this eating establishment. Seriously... I am pretty sure everyone was embarrassed to be sitting at my table... Like for real.
At the top of the menu under "Favorites" on the right hand side you see an entree labeled "Famous Fried Chicken". Words. Cannot. Describe. It is skinless and it is fried. Chicken and grease never found a more perfect combination. Period.

And the rolls!! I mean these ROLLS! Homemade by flour that is milled by a local family run business. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. You see that little tub in the bottom of the picture... RASPBERRY BUTTER. So creamy and sweet. Perfect on those golden pillows that have been sent from heaven above.
I laughed. I cried. I got goosebumps. I squealed. I sighed.
Then I got dessert.
Fresh Strawberry Pie.
.
After which point I went into a coma in a state of euphoria.
If you ever get in remotely close proximity to the place, you must go. Your stomach and your taste buds will thank you forever. I promise. Just Google Maddox Fine Dining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been totally wondering how you've been doing! I read all the posts :) Sounds like an awesome road trip! Glad that you're keeping yourself occupied with fun!

Oh, and PS, Olivia looks SO GROWN UP with her hair cut! I love it!