On this day, 6 years ago, Marcus and I were married. I always forget our anniversary. EVERY. FREAKIN. YEAR. No joke. I don't know what my problem is, but remembering dates is just not my thing. I have issues with birthday's too (as in I always forget Marcus' birthday as well. Along with my Mom's... my Dad's... my kids...). Usually more than half the day has gone by and then Marcus will casually say "Oh by the way... Happy Anniversary." and then I feel like a total retard. He used to just say it first thing in the morning, but then I think he started delaying when he would say it so as to give me a chance to remember.... which I never did. Worst wife of the year award. But for the record he has never once made me feel bad about it. When I try to cry repentance he just say that he knows it's not my thing (dates) and to not worry about it, with a smile on his face..
Actually maybe it is just numbers in general that I have a hard time with because I always forget how old I am. Like when asked I really have to think about it before I answer.
.
So I forgot it this year too. I only realized it at about 3:00 pm when I went to write a letter to Marcus and I checked the calendar to see what the date is (to date the letter). There in red writing:
.
Our 6 Year Anniversary!
.
Oh epic fail once again. Had I been conscious of dates I could have sent a "Happy Anniversary" letter in the mail in time for him to get it today. I guess the upside is that beings how he isn't here it's not like he will know that I forgot about it... again.
.
Even as neglectful as I may be, the stars aligned so I could get a picture of my studdly stud muffin of sexy goodness (does that work for you Kaitlyn?). Thank you facebook (2nd Battalion 13th Infantry Regiment Page) for producing this beaut. At the range. Shootin' it up. This is the first time of being able to see him in his spiffy new duds. I could get used to seeing him in uniform ;)
.
Mmmmmm. Definitely likin' the uniform.

8 comments:
I don't know...that's one hot pose that guy is sportin'. Is he hoping to get in the calendar shoot this year? :-)
Happy Anniversary, Vashti! Here's to a fellow August bride!! (ours is the 16th)
I remember that first picture...Mexico-seems like FOREVER ago!
Happy Anniversary :)
THAT Is a total trevor "come hither" pose. he tries to pretend like he is joking... but he's not.
happy anniversary. i don't mind the crazy drooling... it is just "my man." something about it gives me the heebee jeebees.
ps i miss you long lost friend due to the holman freeze out of 2010.
I always have to write extra notes the days before in my planner, like "Jeff's birthday in 4 days... decide what to give him." or send so and so a card, their birthday is next week. You should try it- it works!! Especially for your kids... they may not be so understanding on the forgetting birthday thing, haha jk... kids will usually remind you starting about a month before I am sure!! I am excited for you that you got to see a picture of your husband:)
shoot I wanted him tot be the one posing like a model so I could laugh at him cause that guy looks so funny. Anyway happy anniversary!!Your wedding was the best ever and I remember all the dancing it was soooo fun!
What is the Holman freeze out...it just means she is cold right?
Anyway, that's a great post. Happy Anniversary. I'm the same about dates. Everyone thinks I'm so "on top of things" because I remember their birthdays and such but it's really I just use a birthday calendar and that is it.
You are a cutie pie. And I miss you guys like crazy (you, Olivia, Konks or whatever she's going by these days, Kaitlyn, Blainey and Isla. :-(
I know you love us Kaitlyn :) I think men in uniforms are hot too. Happy anniversary.
Happy Anniversary. Marcus is lucky to have you Vashti, even if you don't remember dates!
Post a Comment