.... for church. The first time that has happened in months and we are down one parent! I have been running a tight ship, it is the only way to keep everything running smoothly without my brain falling apart. The upside? (Well besides being on time for church) I have never been more organized in my entire life.
.
Dirty dishes go straight to the dishwasher, kitchen cleaned after every meal, all toys picked up and put away before meal times-naptimes-bedtimes. I run a load as soon as there is enough laundry. Punctual bedtimes of 7 (Konks) 7:30 (Owaya). Not to say that things don't go wrong, they do. Every once in a while there is a disaster level mess, kids throwing tantrums, normal life with two kids two and under. But I can easier handle those things when all the little things are running smoothly. Also as soon as the girls go to bed I don't want to be fartin' around with housework. I want that time for ONLY me. Estrogen overload.
.
I made some rules for myself too. Once the girls go to bed it is the start of me time. Sometimes (but not always) it is also my dinner time. I can blog my brains out, watch my beloved BBC miniseries, check email, write letters. No Internet past 9 pm. Lights out by 10 pm. I haven't always followed this to a T, but for the most part this has been the case. I can't afford to have any crazy insomniac episodes, sitting in front of the computer! Chances for a nap the next day are very slim and I need to be on my A game for the girls as well.
.
The results thus far have been punctuality, well restedness, more sanity. The girls have been napping awesome and bedtimes have been no fuss.
.
We came home to a clean house, we ate lunch, we took naps. I even got a nap, the first one since we have been home from the road trip. One glorious hour of bliss full sleeping.
.
Here is to another week of schedule keeping, crazy cleaning, organization life!
3 comments:
Sounds great! Glad to hear things are going smoothly.
that is so great, i have to call you though
well done you!
Post a Comment