Sunday, August 8, 2010

Upsides...

Being the "look on the brightsides" kinda person I am nowadays, I just discovered a new positive to being "only one" right now. WAY easier to make my bed.
.
I know, you are thinking "Live it up girl, spread out and enjoy all that glorious room!". Two reasons why I am NOT doing just that. It feels weird, like no one should be allowed the freedom to have that much room to waltz about whilst sleeping. Like I physically CANNOT make that shift. Also, I wouldn't want to get used to all that territory only to have to relinquish it back again.
.
Then there is the fact that I switched sides. Like my side used to be (if you are looking at the bed) the left side. Ever since we got back from our trip I have been sleeping on the right side. That first night I went to get into bed it hurt too much to see his side empty , so I just jumped in it. It made me feel closer to him and made me stop feeling quite so sad that he wasn't there with me. And now, every night, I climb into the side that ISN'T mine. I leave my side blissfully indisturbed. When I wake up the morning, I only need to adjust the quilt on the side that isn't mine and throw the pillows back on and I am done.
.
You would think it would feel weird, to switch sides of the bed so suddenly, but it doesn't. I feel totally okay when I go to tuck myself in at night. I know that the side that IS mine is waiting for me... when the owner of the side that ISN'T mine is back again.
.
Sweet Dreams...

1 comment:

kaitlyn said...

this is really sweet. it makes perfect sense. whenever i take a nap and trevor isn't home i sleep on his side or facing his side. although, i would probably sprawl out too.