Thursday, August 12, 2010

Information Age

So I have to say that the time we live in is pretty amazing. Not only do I get my regular letters from my blue eyed beauty (that's for you Kaitlyn), but then there is all the fabulous things on the internet.
.
Like I became friends with the 2nd Battalion 193th Infantry Regiment on facebook. It is officially run by Fort Jackson and they upload pictures during each of the phases of each company and then group them that way into albums so it is easy to find. They also post encouraging quotes, or let us know how many days left until graduation, or tell us useful information about graduation. I have yet to see a picture that I can make out Marcus in, but it is so wonderful to see the people he is with and see all the things they just went through. I could see pictures of them exiting the gas chamber (those were REAL special, most of the guys looked like they were going to hurl) and also of the victory tower.
.
I was also able to find out, from Ft. Jackson's website, all kinds of information and maps that I will need during the graduation festivities. There were also information numbers, general numbers and a number direct to Marcus' company, so I could confirm anything I needed.
I have received multiple letters in the mail from the Army giving me all sorts of information. It is really blowing me away how much they are mindful of the families at home and all the efforts they take to make it easier for us.
.
In addition to the Army correspondence I have also received a letter from church headquarters in Salt Lake. It was such a beautiful letter, thanking me for the sacrifice our family is making right now.
Here is just a portion:
.
"In these troubled times, it is heartwarming to see members (of the church) courageously step forward to help preserve our freedom and way of life. You can be proud of the part you have played in supporting Marcus in this important decision. Military life can be very rewarding for both the service member and his family. We express gratitude to you for your selfless service and sacrifices in his behalf."
.
Then they gave me information about the Military Relations Division of the church. Numbers I can call to help locate church services where ever we move.
.
All of these things go such a long way to help ease my mind. I know there are so many people who are mindful of us during this time and it really lifts my spirits.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

isn't it so funny Brents mission leader does a blog and even though he isn't in all the pictures either it is so nice to see what he is doing and who he is with and some how it makes you feel like you know more about him and you don't miss him as much. that is so cool you found that. I hope konks feels better poor thing

Unknown said...

That's so cool!