Fair week is one of my favorite favorites of the summer. So much fun. Kinda like working for extra money, eating yummy
yummy's, high school reunion, church reunion all in one. Working at the coffee stand right next to the grandstands were are in a good location for bumping into people. It is so fun to see what is new with people that I used to be in contact with, but not as much anymore. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit pleased with myself to be able to show off my new slimmer bod (Okay, I'm vain... at least I can admit it). Luckily there were also many instances of
embarrassment that helped to shelf my vanity away into a dark corner. All I'm going to say is funnel cakes +
corndogs and mustard = explosive outcomes... I shudder to think back on it...

My girls were
simultaneous abandoned by me for most of the week and spoiled rotten.

So much to see and do.

So many people to smile at.

I offered to send money with Helen and Lindsay the night they took the girls, to buy them fair dinner. They told me not to worry about it. I am pretty sure they soon
regretted that decision. They (meaning JUST my babies) consumed the following in four hour period:
poffertjes, hot dog, french fries, ice cream cone, hot chocolate, more
poffertjes. Sorry Helen if you are now poor (In fair prices that equals more than some countries annual budgets for a year).


Always take some time to smell the flowers.


Then there were the times when Olivia felt the need to liven things up with her
exhibitionist routines...


Helen went to hand one
poffertje to Olivia and instead of taking one of the pastry pillows, she grabbed the whole plate.

We also frequented the Army tent. Trying to get Olivia acclimated to that uniform.

I worked my buns off and had a blast. It was busy but I loved every minute. I was able to take the girls with my Mom and Grandma for one morning, and then the girls were able to visit twice more. Once with Helen and Once with Grandma Teri.
My Mom and Teri (Marcus' Mom) were lifesavers in the babysitting department. With how much I was working it was a comfort to know that the girls were being loved and had a somewhat normal routine.
Time is flying by and also moving glacially slow. This is the start of my 6th week without my hunkahunk of burnin' love... 5 weeks since I last heard his voice on the phone. It is crazy to me that this much time has already gone by. It still kinda feels like forever until I see him, or the girls see him. Taking it one day at a time really helps. At the end of this week we are embarking to the Motherland for a family reunion... it's going to rock!
3 comments:
I had a blast working with you :)
so so fun glad we got to work together. your girls are too cute.
If I looked like you, I would want to show off my new bod, too. :)
Post a Comment