Saturday, August 7, 2010

Decisions

I asked Olivia what she wanted for breakfast this morning. Normally, if given the choice, her favorite breakfast option is Cheerios. So when I ask her this question it is normally with the anticipation that I will not have to make anything extravagant for her.
She gave it some serious thought and concluded she wanted pannekoeken.
Daddy's are an interesting creature. It is their job to make life as fun as possible. Whether that is by being silly, making pretend words for things, or different languages for things. Whatever it takes to keep kids on their toes and smiling. So when we first started doing pancake breakfasts for Olivia, Marcus called them pannekoeken breakfasts instead (Dutch for pancake).
So hearing that made me smile, be impressed with Olivia's Dutch accent and simultaneously miss my other half like crazy.
So even though the multitudes were starving, we whipped up some pannekoeken. The soundtrack to the morning's festivities was the Beauty and the Beast VHS that I had started earlier in the effort of having a shower undisturbed. Right when I was flapjackin' up a storm the song "Be Our Guest" came on. Then I really got my groove on, singing (screeching), dancing and flipping.
The youngest wouldn't hold still for very long in her frenzy of stuffing these golden, glorious orbs into her mouth. (Coach's Multigrain pancake from Costco anyone?).
Konks couldn't quite decide if the camera was edible or not.
Syrup or Jam? Today the request was for syrup.
Between the two of them, they consumed 4 pancakes that where just a little smaller than the size of Olivia's plate. It is rainy outside. They are filled to the brim. We may have started The Jungle Book but I figure making a real homecookin' breakfast will make up for any amount of zombie time they will spend in front of the TV this morning.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

oh you make me laugh. so glad we got to see the inside of Konks mouth:) now my morning is complete:)

Southern Belle said...

Cheyenne asks for pancakes and strawberries for every meal. I let her have it at breakfast everyday, but I buy those frozen pancakes you pop in the toaster! haha... only daddy makes the real ones when he is home for breakfast on the weekends.. I am such a slacker!