Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Watch Out...


... Betty Crocker, this momma is getting her bake on! (That picture is of Betty Crocker herself! Who knew she was such a foxy lady?)
.
I always find that I am more productive/happy/homemakery when my house is clean and organized. I wish I would remember that more often, like the times when I let my house go to pot. Since my clean-tastic weekend I have been feeling the urge to get my apron on and go crazy in the kitchen.
Case in point: Today I will be attempt to bake bread. BREAD! As in actual honest to goodness bread (or rolls to be more precise). I'm talking blooming the yeast, kneading the crap out of it, rising the crap out of it, home made bread. Heaven help me.
The bread will be to accompany a yummy sloppy joe recipe I saw off The Pioneer Woman. So I guess if the rolls suck at least they can be drenched in meaty goodness.
Also coming out of my oven today?? Some oatmeal cookies, I have been dying to try a recipe that Rachel (Playing House) posted on her blog a while ago. Marcus loves his treats and I felt bad for him last night. He kept checking all of our cabinets looking for something yummy. He knew there wasn't anything in there so maybe he was hoping if he kept checking that the magical baking fairy would poof some in there? Or maybe it was his way of asking-but-not-asking for me to make some cookies??
Also coming out of Maison de Radder today... some cream of broccoli soup. So time to get off the computer and tie on my apron!

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

you know where i live, we eat at about 6!!!!

Sarah said...

I know that cabinet-searching routine well. I just did it this afternoon after I went grocery shopping. :) You've inspired me to bake. Spencer thanks you. :)

kaitlyn said...

can i please send over my hungry girl cookbook? pretty please?!?!?!?!

shanks. and don't bring none of that bakery goodness over here. no sir.

Lindsay said...

Hey Vashti--I am so happy you've been baking. Good times!

Posting Request: If i can make these, I think you should give me (us) a tour of your house in photos! I have never been--and since you want to sell it at some point...maybe this would be helpful for that too. Ever thought of renting it? No. sigh... your house is too nice for us to afford to rent anyway.

Shaun and I (and baby Enoch)are looking for a new place to live.

Anyway, have a super day!