I was telling her to say cheese and smile for the camera, mostly I just got a lot of her saying cheese pictures!
So my buns turned out pretty decent. My family devoured them before I could get any pictures to document for posterity. Also if you need a good sloppy joe recipe, the one that Pioneer Woman posted on her site a few days ago is TO DIE FOR!! So yummy!
.
It never ceases to blow my mind that while Marcus and I have been together for 5+ years (well married for five, together for 6) that there are still new things to learn about him. Like yesterday I ended up making some peanut butter cookies. Normally when I do this (bake) when Marcus gets home the baked goods start to mysteriously vanish. When I got home at like 10 last night (ran some errands once the girls got to bed and Walmart checkers might be the slowest moving organisms on the planet) I noticed that the cookie plate was still piled high.
.
Me: "So do you like the cookies??"
Him: "Um... I might not have tried any yet..."
Me: "What?!?! How is that possible? Don't you like peanut butter cookies?"
Him: "Um.... Not really.... I don't really like peanut butter... at all". (sheepish look on his face)
Me: "WHAT THE WHAT!??!??! How can I be married to you and not know this?!"
.
Banana with a schmear of peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks and he said it grosses him out every time I eat it. So yesterday was learn something new about Marcus day. So to be on the safe side we went through one of my dessert books last night and I had him star the things he really likes. I usually only eat one or two cookies, I make them mostly for him (well and Olivia but I'm pretty sure she would eat brussel sprouts if they were in the form of a cookie). He isn't a fussy person so all this time he just kept eating things like that that had peanut butter in them so I wouldn't feel bad. FOR FIVE YEARS. So I figured that earned him a batch of cookies that he really would like. So today it was oatmeal nut with Humungous chunks of chocolate in them.
.
Apparently he also LOVES banana bread, zucchini bread, anything like that. I have never made it for him thinking he wouldn't like it (let's face it, those types of bread are a little "granola" if you catch my drift). So that will also coming out of Maison de Radder soon!
8 comments:
"Peanut butter cookies have to have a lot of chocolate chips in them!" A quote from Joe, one time when I made peanut butter cookies. Maybe that will help.
I can't believe Marcus didn't like your cookies. You are an amazing cook. I am still talking about your yummy casserole that you made for dinner one night before we moved to Utah, Joe missed out!
This post cracked me up. What a nice guy to keep this little secret to himself for so long.I hope you didn't take the peanut butter cookie thing personal. I struggle because sometimes I try so hard to make something so good and when it's not devoured it hurts my feelings. Not anyones fault, just silly sensitive me! I passionately love cooking and baking and when nobody else raves about how fabulous things turn out I'm like, "what the heck people!."
Better luck next time,you can't go wrong with chocolate chunks!
Well at first I was a little let down, but then I realized how crazy it was that I never knew that and it had me laughing to myself the rest of the night. He made sure to emphasize it's not my baking ability, it is the ingredient.
I totally have those same feelings about my food Andrea! Truth be told I'd love any reason to whip something up in my kitchen ;)
That's way funny :) I'm still finding out picky little whiney things that Kevin doesn't like :) Like VEGETABLES, sigh, what planet is that boy from? Not everything can come from a cow!
that is too funny he is so sweet! and who doesn't like peanut butter? well next time you make them come on over:)
Too funny! Guess what I baked after being inspired by your blog? Peanut butter cookies! I also do the peanut butter banana thing. Who knew? :) And I love how Marcus tried to be so discreet about the whole thing.
I LOVE PB BANANAS. nom, nom, nom.
sweet marcus?!?!!?!? what the heck. he should have told you a long time ago. think about all of those precious hours of your life that you wasted slaving over peanut buttered goods (okay, so most things made with PB don't require slaving) that you will never get back?!?!?!?!!? i know you aren't eating that stuff. so what are you going to make yourself as a reward?
Your peanut butter cookies were much appreciated by Marcus' co-workers. (They did't last long...)
Post a Comment