
When I was at my heaviest, after having Bianca, I could understand why I felt bad about the way my body looked. I was unhealthy, eating really horribly and I looked it AND I felt it. I had no energy and all the food I was hoovering down really weighed me down, literally, mentally and emotionally.
.
Call me crazy, but I always had this thought that when I got down to that magical number that I would finally start to feel great about how my body looks. Most of the time I do feel really good. I think that it has a lot to do with the way I eat now. More fruits and veggies, less fat and grease, it really improves my mood and gives me a lot of energy.
.
I was getting into the shower the other day and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought "my stomach is so flabby, I feel so chubby right now". SERIOUSLY?!?! It wasn't until a few hours later that I had to tell myself that I do not look the way the I feel and to be happy with my accomplishments. Why are we so quick to be down on ourselves, no matter what shape or size we are currently in? Is this something that I will struggle with for my whole life?
.
I'm not saying I feel this way all the time, but it sure sucks when I do. Now don't get me wrong, I am not writing this to tell everyone what hot stuff I am (or to fish for compliments), it just honestly blew my mind when I realized how hard I was being on myself. There are things about my body that no amount of exercise or healthy eating will change, and that is okay. My body is changed because it housed two beautiful little girls. For a short while I was their home until they were strong and big enough to be born into this world. That is such a gift and a blessing to me, that I could do that and provide that for my babes.
.
When those negative feelings start to creep in I need to remember to tell myself these things. To take a deep breath, know that I am beautiful and just the way Heavenly Father created me to be. To remember that those feelings could creep up on my girls too and to always encourage them and voice to them all the wonderful things that I see in them everyday. It might be one of those things that us girls will always be cursed with, but it doesn't mean I can let it get the best of me!
5 comments:
You're absolutely right-- as mothers, we have to realize that our bodies did something AWESOME, maybe we don't look like teenagers anymore? But we don't have to. A little junk in the trunk is ALSO hot :)
Besides, you really are stunning :)
That's a great post. Thanks! I needed to hear it! Brandon and I have worked out 4 times this week so far and I am starting to feel a lot better.
amen vashti! i have the same thoughts... often. i think we all need to quit being so hard on ourselves and realize how much has been ACCOMPLISHED (especially after kids)! you've worked HARD, you should be proud! i think you have a great attitude about it, and it will definitley rub off on your girls!
i think the best thing is that you are realizing this stuff now and figuring out how to be kinder to yourself about your body so your girls can emulate you. they are always saying on the biggest loser that if you don't figure out why you were fat in the first place (and not just bc of babies) you will never keep the weight off. you are doing great!
ps i don't think you will ever have junk in the trunk, no matter how many squats or lunges you do. BUT, you've got some great gams!
AMEN!
You know i needed to hear that!
you're awesome.
& skinny too.
Post a Comment