.
We were gone all day yesterday and when we pulled into our driveway I saw the for sale sign. It was weird and exciting all at the same time. It's weird to think of the total strangers who will (some have already) walk through my house, look at my things, judge a place I helped to build with my own two hands. A lot of my nick nacks are either boxed away, or off to goodwill (which that is a good thing, I collect FAR too much stuff). It is also exciting because this is the first step in the new direction our life is heading. But I can't help but think, will whoever buys this place feel the same way about it that I do? What will it look like when someone else makes this their home? Will it be weird to go and visit my Mom when it sells and look across the field to see a car that is not mine parked in the driveway? Do other people have all this jumble of emotion when they are trying to sell their houses?
.
I take comfort in the fact that I know Heavenly Father wants us to move forward in this direction, that our home is always where our family is together, not the roof and walls that we reside in. That someplace new will eventually feel familiar to us, that we will get to the point where Olivia will exclaim "Yea, we made it... We're HOME!". I will have the chance to make an imprint in someplace new and foreign and I will be a better person for it. It's just so weird to look out my window and see that for sale sign by the driveway.
.
You can check out our home at Wynden's website HERE
2 comments:
sad:(
good luck!!!
Post a Comment