Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're Pooped

I turn my back for two seconds, and this is what happens.
They were both out cold! We had a crazy, zany, fun, exhausting weekend with the kid zoo that became my house. Blaine and Olivia got into all kinds of crazy high jinks and had the time of their lives. They slept in magic bed every night which was an air mattress that took up the whole floor of Olivia's room (they coined the term magic bed because... well I guess they just thought it was so magical!). I didn't get any pictures because my brain got kinda fried after day two.
The two younger ones were teething so I didn't get much in the way of sleep and all of us were in bed early last night. Like I was asleep before 9, and that was with my trying to stay awake to watch Army Wives.
I made a batch of my favorite cookies to treat ourselves from the busy weekend and they are already all gone, and now I have a stomach ache... I should really learn restraint. All is quiet now and it is really nice to get back into my regular routine!

3 comments:

April said...

You are a brave woman and a really sweet friend to take on two more kids. I don't think I would be able to do that. By the way if you can handle two more kids that aren't yours than you're ready for two more of your own!!!
April

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you survived! Those cookies were well-deserved. :)

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah I was wondering why no post during the weekend, come on what were you doing anyway?!?! hahahah glad it went well good for and and Peter and I are leaving in Nov we will have our kids there at 10 am on the 7th! hahahahah I am suer the girls were very well taken care of.