Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Everyone

I'm going to confess it. I love reading blogs. Probably more than watching TV even. Like if I have some down time I would much rather read a friend's blog than watch a show, unless if it is barefoot contessa.
.
I love reading about your dates with your husbands, all the crazy highjinks your kids get up to, your awesome recipe that you cooked for your family and swear it is the most magical thing you have ever eaten (and then I make it for my family and it IS the most magical thing I have ever eaten!). I love learning your parenting tricks and then using them myself. I love seeing how you had a hard time with x y and z and how you made it through. Of course I love to read about whatever embarrassing predicament you got yourself into.
.
I love how inspired I feel after reading this post or that post, or feel like I am not alone with all the craziness that happens in your life when you have kids. Knowing there are people out there that have the same challenges as me and make it through.
.
So if you don't feel as inspired to blog just think about how journaling your life like this will be such a wonderful gift for your posterity to read. Or if that isn't enough motivation just think how it will keep Vashti sane during her job as a stay at home Mom. AND if you are reading this and you don't have a blog.... what are you waiting for!?!? Jump in on the action! It is so much fun! (In my book there is never a problem of having too many blogs to read).

9 comments:

Rach said...

I have realized that mommy-blogdum really is a community. A support/inspiration group that is as big as you want it to be! Glad you love blogs, I do too, they trump tv in my book any day.

Peter and Lesha said...

I think it is an lds thing I think everyone else is in facebook land, I haven't gotten into that :) but yes I too love to read blogs.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Yup! I agree! It helps us support each other and keep up with each other when we don't get to see each other except in passing on Sunday's when we're running into the meeting ;D

JoeKatie said...

you feel better about your blog when people comment regularly, at least I have noticed that. It is nice when someone says, yeah that sucks, or great job. It just makes your day.

I love reading blog, I am a blog stalker!

Sarah said...

Amen! I love blogging, too. I know people blog for different reasons, but being a stay-at-home mom can be somewhat isolating. I agree with Rachel that it is a community/support group. And I love comments. Even if people don't agree with me, I want to know what they think. It's more interactive that way.

Jayme said...

I love reading them too.

Unknown said...

I love them too :) And I love yours! I think it's a good way too keep in touch, although after this month's Ensign article, I'm thinking I should get some more face time with all the people I love so much!

Andrea said...

I love it too! I was talking to my mom about blogging the other day and she was saying how when she was at home with us they didn't have anything like it. She wishes they did! All the support/encouragement/interaction is so needed for any mom in any situation.

Anonymous said...

I love reading blogs too! I never watch tv shows during the day but I definitely read blogs!!! And I love yours!