Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Communication

Or lack thereof. For a long time we have been a cellular free family. (Long time meaning shortly after Olivia entered our family). It wasn't to make a statement, or to get back to an older and calmer way of life, or to free ourselves from the hussel and bussel associated with "I can get a hold of you whenever I want" type of living associated with the 21st century. We like crazy, we LOVE hectic. I consider the Internet to be a close personal friend of mine. Money got tight, so cell phones were the first to go. And oh how I mourned their loss.

Meet my 'lil beaut!
.
The whole year+ that we went without them I mourned them. I never once thought "Oh, this is so great to live a simpler life." With Marcus leaving soon (2.5 weeks) it was high time to get one again. On the off chance that Marcus will get phone privileges, it would suck big time to miss that one call because the girls and I were playing at the park or something.
Apparently this is called a qwerty phone because it has ALL the letters of the alphabet on the keypad. Word on the street is this makes for much easier texting abilities. Texting has been so much fun! I didn't really text much before when we did have cell phones, but I am making up for lost time. It also has a camera to take pictures!!
.
Does this make me sound like I am ONE HUNDRED years old and living in civil war reenactments? Yes! Do I care in this least of how dated I am? NO!
.
It's my new phone. I absolutely love it. Right down to its snazzy blue protection case. Excuse me whilst I sigh in euphoric contentment.

3 comments:

kaitlyn said...

i am going to start calling you elsa and ask when you are due next to milk yer cows and churn some butter.

Anonymous said...

SWEET!!

Anonymous said...

You can txt me! 1-801-450-1807