Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Barefoot Contessa


I love to eat. Seriously. Like I mean I REALLY love to eat. I love to chop, saute, whip, mince, knead and/or bake my way through a good recipe. It is the whole process for me, seeing the raw ingredients become something magical and delicious. I also REALLY love to eat things that I did not make myself. If I had to choose to have one amazing treat for myself I would pick going out to eat above going to a spa or shopping or anything like that.
.
Basically if it's food related, chances are I will be in love with it.
.
It goes without saying then that my favorite channel is Food Network. And by far my most favorite favorite FAVORITE show EVER is Barefoot Contessa with Ina Garten.
.
It all started when I was pregnant with Olivia. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was actually home during the day. I would have the food network on while I putzed around the house.
.
Then I saw it. Saw HER! The food she was whipping up was like something out of a dream. Every episode revolving around her fabulous friends and her fabulous house and her fabulous life in the Hampton's. I DVR'd the series and since then there has always been an episode (or five or seven) recorded on my TV. In all seriousness I have seen every episode probably no less than 10 times. It is the perfect amount of time to watch while I am eating lunch, nursing, folding laundry, making dinner. Some hour long shows are too much of a commitment to watch for me.
.
Every recipe I have tried of hers is perfection, I have yet to try them all though. Marcus alternately goes bonkers every time I put it on. He can hear the intro music from the other room and will declare "Seriously Vashti?!?! Can't you watch ANYTHING else?". I can't help it! I just love her and it puts me in my happy place to see her cooking up a storm.
.
I like to pretend that we are best friends and that she invites me over to her house so we can eat lunch out in her garden after which I go into a food coma and die happy.
.
Hello. My name is Vashti and I am an Inagarten-a-holic and I approve this message.

4 comments:

April said...

You and I are the same when it comes to the Food Network channel and Ina Garten. I LOVE them both. It's probably a good thing we don't have cable any more although I really miss watching her.
Have you bought any of her cookbooks?
April

Ms. Molly said...

I just linked to your blog via Andrea's and I had to comment... I just discovered Ina and love her too and my sister and niece, who's 3, watch her daily! I've only made her coconut cupcakes (they were to die for)but I will definitely be trying more of her recipes!

Jayme said...

you crack me up :)

Vashti said...

I don't have any of her cookbooks, I just print off the recipes from Food Network's website when I want to make something.
Ms. Molly my two year old daughter loves to watch her too, she calls it the cookin' show! Her meatball recipe is UHMAZING!