.
This week I was in a funk. Not one particular thing happened to put me there and at the same time everything happened to put me there. I just couldn't pinpoint it, but it was staring me in the face all day everyday.
.
It would be in my closet when trying to find and outfit to wear and just feeling like I ain't got no style. It would appear when trying to style my hair and it just wouldn't behave. It would be there every time I felt like I just wasn't do "it" for Olivia, not quite parenting her in the way she needed. It was definitely there when family drama hit the fan. Everywhere and nowhere all at the same time.
.
Bleck.
.
It apexed on Thursday night as I laid on my kitchen floor, barely able to move and tears streaming down my face. My back decided to join in on the funkiness of my week by throwing itself out. I literally could not get up and then it hit me. What will I do when something like this happens and Marcus isn't here to help me? How will I do it? I went to bed discouraged and feeling useless.
.
Double bleck.
.
How did I depart the Funksville that I had unwillingly become a resident of? My sweet toddler showed me her love and compassion by kissing my owies better and asking if Mommy was happy now. My Mother came over with kind words and caring hands to work the kink out. My husband loved me, supported me, filled bags of ice and whipped up a delicious glass of elixar (aka crystal light). My friend called to see how I was doing, and just as I was pouring out my heart to her about all the fears that were threatening to take a hold on my heart, there she was pulling into my driveway. She cleaned, we talked, I cried, we laughed.
.
We are never really alone, I realized that today. Heavenly Father is always here for us, and when we need hugs and loves he sends his angels to help. So many angels were sent my way that I feel like my heart will burst open. That, my friends, is a wonderful feeling. Dear Funksville I am no longer a resident of your bleck town.
4 comments:
we go to that town way too often sometimes:) so glad you are feeling better ya know I hope you really know that you will have so much help when marcus leaves, you might not want him to come back:) hahaha just kidding that wont happen, but really be ready for girl intrusion of your life cause I am not even going to call, I am just going to stop by cause the truth is even when Peter is here to help there is nothing like toddles playing and moms talking to get your out of a funk!
Ugh. I'm sorry you had a rough week! I was just getting out of a funk myself this week-- I hate it when I don't know WHY but everything just seems to be horrible. I spent the better part of last week in tears! I just love that we can know that other people go through the same crap-- otherwise, I would think something was wrong with me!
It's nice when we, who are usually the ones taken care of things, get taken care of! I'm glad your angels showed up to your rescue! Take care.
i hate feeling that way.... and we both know that i feel that way too often. i know that Heavenly Father loves us and cares for us. too many times i have had just the right kind of help, just when i need it.
and i agree with lesha, it is going to be one crazy girl fest at your house ALL THE TIME!
Post a Comment