We have been having a situation in our house the last couple of weeks. A
Mekup situation. Two weeks ago Olivia got the
stomach flu, and there was quite a lot of throwing up. The nauseated feeling was a little confusing to her, so she ended up coming up with her own word that she would yell right before she would loose her breakfast....
MEKUP!!
MEKUP!!

Just when I think that she is over it, and there is a day or two of no upchucking, she will throw up again. Not on purpose or anything, she just gets super nauseated and then looses it. We had to show her how to use a bowl to cut down on the laundry I was doing. Now my house is scattered with mixing bowels and
Tupperware containers. If her stomach got queasy she would raid the
Tupperware cupboard and then leave it when she would feel better, then run and grab another one 5 minutes later.

The most interest she has shown to food is her pretend kitchen stuff, which is really weird for me because this girl LOVES to eat... just like her Momma! It is hard to tell exactly when and for how long she feels nauseated for. I know for certain that there are some times that she is faking it (like to get out of a time out or brushing her teeth). She thinks yelling "
Mekup" is a get out of jail free card, which I never let her get away with but she keeps trying it none the same.

There are also times that I know FOR sure that she isn't feeling good. I mean besides when she actually throws up, I can tell she is just off or really tired etc. It's just weird for it to last this long. Her surprise
mekup attacks have really thrown me off, and have also resulted in some pretty big clean up jobs (like our car in her
car seat and Kaitlyn's car in
Isla's car seat).
.
The first week of her being sick, Konks also had the runs from teething and was pooping out of every diaper. So between my two girls I was running 2-3 loads of laundry just from their messes. Thankfully Konks digestive track is now on a more even keel and I have yet to have Olivia mekup for 2 days. I am hoping we are done with mekups for real now! So if you are around Olivia and you hear her yell Mekup, make sure to run for your life ;)
3 comments:
That's crazy that you mentioned this... my sister in law said that her kids have been puking during the night for the last 5 days, but acting/eating fine during the day. I wonder if some bugs can just hang on a little longer?
i am so glad that you guys totally detailed isla's car seat... it needed to be done before olivia mekupped in it.
that is too weird but I am sad for her she is so sweet, that sucks hope she is better for all of your sake:)
Post a Comment