Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lovely Boy

Benson has been pretty colicky, a lot like his sister Olivia.  But once Olivia got older she leveled out and is my calm child.  Bianca was the quietest, easiest baby ever and then when she got mobile she became my whirling dervish.   I am hoping Benson follows this trend to become another calm quiet kid haha.  

He LOVES to cuddle.  He would be happy as a clam to have him hold him ALL DAY.  He is in the front pack a lot, for any errand running and normally from the afternoon on at home.  He responds to touch instantly.  As soon as I touch and rub his head he will stop crying and snuggle into the touch.  It is about the cutest EVER.  

He spits up a LOT and he is super gassy (which, come on, is pretty par for the course for any child of mine.  Sorry Marcus.  --He hates when I talk about my gassiness.  So he hates that this parentheses is going on as long as it is.  LOVE YOU BABE!).  I have cut out dairy except for some feta cheese here and there and it has helped some.  
 Sleeping baby.
 BAM.  Gassy baby.
 The girls are SO in love with their little brother.  They can't wait until they can hold him or love on him.  Often times one or both of them will cry because he has been sleeping in the swing and they really want to touch him so badly they can't handle it.
 Bianca loves him a little TOO much.  It is like she cannot contain her excitement around him.  No matter how many times we go over it she gets so pumped up when she is around him that she is almost incapable of being soft.  It isn't malicious.  She ADORES him and every time she is too rough she will face palm herself like "DANG!  I forgot.  AGAIN."  We are working on it with her ;)  Can't fault a girl for loving her brother SO SO much.
 Just because I am keeping it real here is a picture of the down and dirty.  Diaper changing time baby.  He is so weird because he can go the better part of a week without going number two.  Everything else is working fine and the Doc said it isn't abnormal for a breast fed baby to go longer in between number two's if he is having wet diapers.  Which is fine by me because the boy situation makes cleaning up dirty diapers a lot more work.  So much to clean around I am finding out.

I also am showing this picture, as unflattering of a shot as it is of myself, to share the positive reinforcement I have been receiving from the girls.  I was pretty slim before getting pregnant and I think they assumed that once the baby would come out that my body would just whip back into it's old shape again.  Well anyone that has had a baby knows this is NOT the case.  So at least once a day if not MULTIPLE times a day I will get any variation or all of the following.

"Mom, do you have another baby in there?"
"Mom why is your tummy so big?"
"Mom, why is your bum SO big?"
"Mom are you sure there isn't another baby in there?"
"Well if the baby is out why is your tummy still SO humungous?"
"So when does your tummy start getting small again?  Is it because you are eating so much food?"

They sure do know how to make a lady feel hot I tell ya.
 Cuddles with brother
 So tiny!  He is already bigger compared to these photos and it is just crazy to me how fast it goes!
 Tummy time, not a fan.
He is incredibly strong.  He could hold his own head up right when he was first out of the gates.  In the hospital he would push off me with his arms to turn his head around and look at the room.  He loves to observe.  He can sit upright with only a little balancing help from me.

He also LOVES to talk.  As soon as someone is just sitting still in front of him he will just start talking and talking.  He will mimic sounds that you make and when you say something to him he will answer back.  The girls love it.  Olivia always wants to know what he is saying.  Sometimes I make things up, other times I tell her I don't know.  We sure do love him!

No comments: