Thursday, June 21, 2012

San Angelo's Finest

We have really been loving spending time with the friends we have made at church.  There is always at least three people we know and that have kids the girls age when we go to story time on Thursdays. 
This picture cracks me up because the girls LOVE story time, I mean look at those stools?!?? Aren't they the coolest?  But when I took this picture they are frozen faced.  They normally stamp the kids hands or give them a sticker or something after story time but now that it is summer they have started handing out these little figurines every week.  At the end you can go up and pick out a little animal figurine and they are different colors.  

These have become the girls favorite little toys and they are so concerned where they are all the time.  They now have three different little figurines each.  Olivia is collecting only pink colored ones so right now she has a pig, a flamingo and today she got a pink duck.  I don't know what she is going to do when she runs out of pink choices!  

Bianca just grabs whatever looks cool to her, she has a brown monkey, a green little guy and a green frog.  
The girls love our park day on Monday's.  We have been so blessed to have friends that come and pick us up to go to the park as we don't have a car on Monday's.  It is so fun for the girls to get out of the house and run around before it gets ungodly hot out.

I was hopeful I would make friends when we got here but I also kept telling myself that under the short time span we had here that it might not happen as good as I had hoped.  It has be SO awesome because there is a really great group of gals I have become friends with.  We get together for potluck dinners with the whole family, get together during the day to let the kids play.  Parks, library time, kiddie pool swimming, lunch at Sonic or McDonald's.  Such amazing women that are such great examples to me in faith and friendship!  I am one lucky gal indeed!

1 comment:

Teri Johnson said...

I am so glad that you jumped in with both feet when you arrived at this base.

You understand about making the most of the short time you are in a location. Make friends quickly, get to know what the area has to offer, and get involved.

As you are finding out there are times you are not in a location for very long but there are treasures waiting for you both in friendships and local activites.