Last week was our first week of swimming lessons. I had Bianca and I signed up for Mommy and Me classes at the same time Olivia was doing her big girl classes. I quickly figured out that Bianca was WAY too big for Mommy and Me so after some bargaining with the teachers and a trial run to see if Bianca would be okay with the older kids, I got Bianca bumped up.
The have been doing so good! Olivia is so timid and afraid of the water, I just want to expose her to it as much as possible to get her to the point where she isn't afraid of it. I am already thinking I will do private lessons for the girls when we get to Okinawa to help them along more. I think Olivia would really benefit from one on one training.
Bianca is a freaking fish. She would leap off the stairs to her teachers and was excited to go again and again. Marcus is incredibly comfortable in the water and can swim his brains out, I could save myself....swimming wise.... if I needed to but I am not a comfortable swimmer. Olivia is like me, Bianca is like her Daddy. I am determined both of my girls will be proficient in the water and not like me so I plan on keeping this up!
Olivia's teachers were so good with her and knew not to push her too hard. She gets freaked when water gets on her head so they have been easing her into things, which I really love.
At the end of the last class last week, they got to go down the little water slide. Bianca, of course, just barreled down that thing and kept pleading for me. Olivia was scared out of her mind. The guy teacher at the top was so sweet in helping Olivia. He told her she will probably feel sad later that she didn't try so he offered to go down the slide with her if she didn't want to go by herself. She totally did it! The slide is in the really deep end so he went under but made sure to keep Olivia above the water so she wouldn't be freaked, so it would be a good experience with her. I am not going to lie, my eyes welled up a little at the thoughtfulness of the teacher, in not wanting to push her too hard but push her just enough to keep going with it.
I am so glad I decided to do this. It will be fun and keep us busy before he head out on our epic road trip back to WA!




No comments:
Post a Comment