We were driving around town the other day and came across this really nice neighborhood. Had that typical deep south feel. Sprawling ramblers, big gorgeous oak trees shading all the beautiful houses. Some really beautiful houses with the columns and shutters and red front door. It was so nice to just and admire it all. Then we drove past this one house and I about crapped my pants.
This, my friends, is the Mother of all Magnolia trees! Do you see how enormous that is! The house itself is a pretty decent size and that sucker of a tree makes it look like a doll house! I have never seen a Magnolia tree that massive.
It was so gorgeous, with all it's glossy leaves and it's clean, white flowers. As soon as I saw it, I thought of my Mom. The Master Gardner. She would love and appreciate this tree even more than me, who is not a gardener at all and kills about every plant I have ever had.
I made Marcus pull over the car so I could take pictures of that gorgeous, beautiful tree in all it's glory so I could post it for my Momma. I love you so much Momma, and it makes my heart so happy that even though I am so far away I can still be floored with something that just screams your name. One gigantic Mother of all Magnolia tree's for my Wonderful, Amazing Momma.


2 comments:
this made my heart feel so happy! i love you and your mama so much!
You are so sweet Vashti - yay!
Post a Comment