Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tornado

I feel like a tornado was whipped through my house. The floor plan of my house is very open and I have always enjoyed having open clean spaces. No clutter, clear counter tops, beds made. Now all my clear space has been eaten up by boxes and bags and stuff everywhere.
.
I always have to take a deep breath when I see and tell myself it is only temporary. And it is only temporary 'cause I got to tell ya folks..... our house is SOLD. As in officially is closed today, there is a big old SOLD sign hanging at the end of our driveway. I can't tell you what a relief it is, but yet bittersweet.
.
We know that we needed to sell our house, but there will always be a part of me that will mourn for the place that holds all those early memories of the start of our family. I know that we will make memories wherever we go and that a home is something that you carry in your heart, that dwells with you where ever you make it. We had a lot of love here and I believe that love is tangible and has seeped into the walls of this, our first home. That love imprint will always be here, hopefully being added to by the love it will see from the next family to make this a home.
.
Tonight will be the last night I sleep here.
.
But I know that as I cry while I type this, I will be able to take a piece of this home in my heart with me. I will always remember it and the memories we made here and that speaks peace to me.


But with the sadness that comes with the closing of a chapter I also feel excitement and hope with the opening of another. We have a chance to make a new life for ourselves. Pay off debt and get a good footing for our future. I feel so blessed that we have this opportunity and even though it means living apart for a little while longer I feel so much hope for the road that lays before us.
With all this start of a new year, rebirth and new roads I decided to go for the gusto with my hair. My last trim did wonders for the over all health of my hair, but I decided that all these fresh starts needed a little bit sassier of a Vashti.
So I now have shorter spunky hair! I have the front pieces pinned back today, but it is an inverted bob so it is longer in the front then in the back. So all this Army wife sass is going to bust out this move this weekend, with the help of some very wonderful friends!

7 comments:

Jayme said...

Hey are you flipping me off?

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Vashti. I am always sad when we have to leave a home that created lots of memories for us. The home we first had together, the home we first brought Kaden home to, the first place Kaden crawled, laughed and ate solid foods. The exact spot in our San Antonio home where Kaden took his first steps. And now we'll have to say goodbye to this one as well in a year, the one that we'll bring baby #2 home to. You are completely right, home is something you carry in your heart...but it's still a little hard.

And cute hair! I can't wait to see it from the front!

Peter and Lesha said...

that totally made me cry, I can't drive to Federal Way or Lynden without tearing up cause ya know these houses that we leave represent a more simpler time that we can never go back to. Yes we move on and add to our families and add more memories but there is something special about where you first started :) things were hard but in a way you wish they could stay hard cause that is what makes you come together and make it. love ya girl and love that we have our memories and you will always have a home here!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh !!! i helped build that house! I am proud of you for finding the strength to get this far!! my how you have grown...

WHAT THE HAIR???!!!!????? It totally goes with you svelte figure and spunky attitude!!

I am not going to make it over there this weekend... call 500 times if it gets too overwhelming or you need to vent.. even at me for not being there...

Unknown said...

That finger was totally meant for Jayme :)

It was hard when we left our first, little, sweet, home :) We brought 3 girls home there, but now THIS is home. And aren't we lucky that no matter where we are there will be AWESOME members of the church to meet?

PS, love the hair! Inverted bob is my fave. It just always looks good!

Sarah said...

Moving is hard. I agree that it is bittersweet. There are exciting times ahead and adventures to be had, but it's hard knowing you can't go back and it will never be the same. I guess on the upside, it's good to know life was so good you would want to go back, you know?

I LOVE your hair. Very cute.

Lydia said...

I love your hair!