.
Quite often I find myself never achieving the goals that I so confidently set out for, but for at least a month I ride that "I am going to be a new me" high.
.
Some of my many goals wandering around in my brain are as follows:
.
HEALTH:: I really want to eat more healthily. I was able to lose a b-load of weight last year (New Year's goal that I actually accomplished...like first time EVA!). And for the most part I have maintained that... maybe up 5 or 7 or 10 lbs during the never ending buffet of amazing goodness that surrounds the holidays. So even though my weight has stayed relatively the same, the inches all over have increased since the fall. Who knew eating Ramen noodles EVERY SINGLE DAY could make your stomach bigger by 4 inches?? (That is just on my stomach...also gained inches every where else. The only place that it is welcome is in the boob department---(losing weight = flat as a board.)
.
So I don't have drastic things I want to change there... Just incorporate more veggies and fruits (like as in actually eat some during a given day). And probably have my girls eat more of them too. We are on entirely too friendly of terms with Ramen in our house.
.
MOMMYHOOD:: Read at least a story each day to the girls. Try to have one on one time with each of them daily.
.
WIFEHOOD:: Every time I talk to Marcus I almost ALWAYS start it out with how frustrated I am about something. There are times when it is warranted...there are a lot of times where I could start the conversation in a positive nature instead. So essentially not be so naggy. Or so "woe is me". A little optimism never hurt anybody.
.
ME-HOOD:: Try to limit my pretend swear words to "Oh my goodness!" Or "shoot!". Right now they are mostly "frick", "flip", "frack"...just sounds kinda crass. Sounds even worse when you 3 year old starts pretend cussing with them too. Like in a real pretend-cuss word situation.
.
ALSO:: Procrastinate a little less. If I feel the urge to call so and so about this or that, or I need to set up that or the other before X date arrives.... JUST DO IT. Don't let it hang over me forever before I actually get off my duff to do it.
.
Just a little smattering of all the thoughts running through my head! Hurray for goals!!
5 comments:
Awesome list. I also love the start of the new year and the optimism. Good post!
I like these. Can I just cut and paste them into my blog? :)
On a related, yet crass, note, the word verification I got was:
tisteess
My brain always rearranges the letters to read something real...
Courtney... I am afraid the the word tistees will be racing around in my mind for days to come!
so great at least you don't need to work on the real swear words somehow I missed the pretend ones and went straight for the real thing, I am sure Carson will repeat one in nursery one of these days :( that is one of my goals too. great goals hope all is well we need to do lunch or dinner and catch up.
I once thought about doing a post on the those word verifications :)
Words don't sound as bad until you here it from your own kids mouth.
Post a Comment