Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh say can you say?

Grandpa Ed got Olivia these books for her birthday. She is in LOVE with them. To say in love would actually be a gross understatement. He also got her the little Parrot named Hooey as a stuffie.
.
The first time I read that book to her went something like this... italicized are my thoughts.
"...I just look in the mirror to see what I say, and then I just say what I see".... great job Ed.
"....so it's much cheaper, you see, to buy boxes for foxes then to fly with a box full of Grox's"..... Ed should have to read her this book every night!
"... there are crack's in my shack and smoke in my stack and a shnack in the sack on my back..." Seriously, ED!!!!
.

Those are even the easier ones to say, I would quote the more difficult sections, but Olivia insisted on sleeping with that tongue twister monstrosity (yes I have half the book memorized already)! In all seriousness it is a fun book and my reading skills needed the workout. I can mostly read it at a normal speed with minimal tongue slips and back flips (oh geeze.... it is leaking out unknowingly now...).
As per usual we are reading the favorite of favorite Dr. Seuss books.
Mom! Konka is being naughty with my books!
She wouldn't have that smile on her face if she actually had to read the book. As soon as she learns how to read I fully plan on making HER read it to ME every night and see if HER tongue will end up in Saint Louie!
.
The corners of the book are hard and she kept wiggling around when I was reading to her. Then she would go "Ouch Mommie! You hit me with the book!". Then I would tell her that I was sitting still and she was wiggling and it was her wiggling that was making her hit the book. Then she told me. "NO!! Mom!! I AM sitting still!....NO! I am wiggling STILL!". As if you could wiggle but not move at the same time. I tried to explain it to her but she was emphatic that she was wiggling still. The terrible tongue twisters were frying my brain at that point so I just gave up the fight. I just asked her to stop wiggling so still right next to the book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love new books! What a great Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

OH MY HECK!! that is sooo hilarious!! HILL - A -REEEEOUSSSS!!!

Anonymous said...

wahhhoooo !! after 5 years I have figured out how to leave comments... Auntie Shelley is sooooo smart!!

Unknown said...

They are good reading workout books!