Saturday, May 8, 2010

This has got to be some kind of cruel, cosmic joke.

So everyone has different things that they look forward to on Mother's Day. I especially love going to church because our ward finds subs to fill my class and there is usually some kind of special get together the last hour for the women that usually involves a chocolate fountain.
.
I had a fun activity planned for Olivia and I tomorrow, with a yummy Mexican dinner on the menu. None of that is going to happen now.
.
I have been hit, and hit hard with mastitis. They only reason why I am even blogging this late at night is because I am waiting for my prescription to get filled. The pain is so all consuming and the only thing that is not pushing me over the edge is typing. Otherwise I might be crawling the walls right now. I have never felt this horrible in my whole life, no exaggeration.
.
And of all the days for me to get it, I get it on Mother's Day (well Eve, but I do not for see myself feeling good enough for church tomorrow). Seriously?!?! ON MOTHER'S DAY?!?!?
.
And what really gets me (well let's face it I am not in a positive frame of mind right now) is this whole illness is here simply for the fact of taking care of my child, nourishing my child. All for the sake of wanting to do what I feel is best for my babe by breastfeeding exclusively, this is the day that I am initiated into mastitis-hood. I would not be crawling out of my skin with pain if it were not for the fact of MOTHERING MY CHILD. I might be a little bitter about my crazy cosmic joke, but couldn't it have just waited until Monday? So I could actually enjoy myself tomorrow?
.
My washcloth has cooled off now, and I need to go get a new hot pack. I sincerely hope everyone else's Mother's Day will be better than my own!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yuck! I've had it twice. The first time I ended up in the hospital for 3 or 4 days. Yeah, my mothers day isn't looking so good either, we spent the day outside and now all our allergies are completely out of control.

Peter and Lesha said...

that sucks I had it four times with Carson and swore every time that I was done nursing! have not had it yet with Kate (knock on wood) I know it's painful but just keep nursing on that side and it will get better. Let me know if you need anything I called Peter home from work one time cause I was just too painful, I can't imagine having with with two kids to help.

Unknown said...

Ouch, been there done that! I'm having sympathy pains!

Make sure you get the meds though... you don't want to end up in the hospital! And if you don't nip it, it can cycle endlessly between you and Konks :)

Vashti said...

I started the meds last night, the Dr said it would probably take until tonight or tomorrow before I start feeling better. LONGEST NIGHT EVER!

Jayme said...

so sorry...

Sarah said...

Yeah, talk about irony. Mastitis is so not fun. I've had it mildly a couple of times and I was so uncomfortable. I hope you are feeling better by now!