After nap time I changed Bianca's diaper and then asked Olivia if she was excited to play with her sister. She exclaimed yes and then said she wanted to play in Mommy's Room. She wasn't pointing to my bedroom, she was pointing to the living room all the while exclaiming "yea!! play in Mommy's room!!". Apparently someone in this house watches a little too much television. I corrected her on the right name of the room.
.
Of course this happens on a day that has already been a bit challenging, so the fact that my child thinks I spend so much time in the living room to dub it as MY room was a teensy bit depressing. The fabulous news is that tomorrow will always be a new day, a new start, a clean slate. Even if today didn't go how I would like it to, I can always try harder tomorrow. I have actually almost completely stopped watching TV in the daytime, but apparently my TV fall/winter coma made a lasting impression on my child. Spaghetti night is also a good cure all, that and an enormous batch of chocolate chip cookies. Maybe if I start to really get my bake on she will call the kitchen Mommy's room. I could handle that ;)
2 comments:
funny! the kitchen is defiantly not known as my room
I think I'd be more worried if you spent all day holed-up in your actual bedroom :) That just sounds depressing!
Post a Comment