.
Today Olivia made a slide with her sippy cup and slid all of her toast slices into her empty blueberry bowl before she would eat them. I eat my breakfast with my enormous glass of crystal light (citrus splash flavor) to the beat of Bianca's legs kicking against her highchair, that girl does not slow down for 5 seconds.
.
It doesn't take me long to eat my breakfast and while the girls are finishing up their food I load all the dishes in the dishwasher and clean the egg pan. We clean faces and brush teeth, or in the case of the babe we brush gums. Olivia's clean up job is to pick up the cheerios that fall to the wayside and put them in the trash while I get Bianca cleaned up.
.
Sometimes Olivia and I will share a piece of fruit, sometimes songs are sung to Bianca to keep her happy while her food is heating up. Sometimes a toddler is especially hungry and asks for more courses. Every time it is relaxed, easy.... total perfection.
.
There are a lot of things that normally go to pot throughout the course of the day, but it is really comforting to me to know that we always start the day in an easy, casual manner. Smiling at each other, eating together either quietly or loudly. I love rotating whatever Olivia's breakfast menu is... eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, slices of apple... But for me it is always eggs. I love my morning eggs!
.
.
It's mornings like these that I want to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment