Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fairy Baby


Bianca has started the "try-to-get-out-of-bedtime-at-night-as-much-as-possible" routine this past week. She just has not been happy about going to bed for the night and will cry. In her incoherent cry state she will get on all fours to crawl around, lose her balance and then take a header into the side of the crib after which I lay her back down with her blankets and the whole cycle starts over.
.
The other night Marcus was in charge for night time routine with her and after a few lay her back down shenanigans he gave her fairy baby. She quited right down, cuddled her baby and went to sleep. Determined that fairy baby had magical qualities I tried giving it to her at the next nap time. She was all zoned out and closing her eyes and I give her fairy baby, eyes pop open and she decides it's time to party with fairy baby rather than go to sleep. I have now determined fairy baby to be a rebel rouser and she (fairy baby, not Konks) is banned from the crib.
.
Well I guess I use the word "banned" loosely because once she (Konks, not fairy baby.... come on guys keep up!) is lights out, fairy baby magically gets back in the crib (using her fairy magic of course) so when Konks wakes up there is a buddy to play with and buy Mommy fifteen more minutes of sleep time.
.
Moral of the story? Never trust a fairy baby to put your child to sleep for you, but do trust a fairy baby to babysit for you so you can sleep in. They are so tricksy.... tricksy little fairy babies.

2 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

that was such a cute post:) I can buy time too with Kate it's funny how we learn to do that with number two, not so smart with the first ones:)

Lydia said...

Cute! Cole shares his crib with his sock monkey :)