Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Like Dis?

Olivia is doing good with her big girl bed transition. She is having a little bit of a hard time with falling out of it at night. Usually at least once or twice she rolls out, gets dazed and confused and then either 1) falls asleep crazily on the floor or 2) cries til we come help her back in.
.
Marcus had crazy good hearing tonight and heard her fall out of bed. We put her back in and laid her all the way to the back so she would have room to roll over and not roll off. She was being so cute! She would say "Like dis?" as in is this how you want me to lie down? But as she was saying that she would reposition herself right to the very outside edge. Then we would move her back and she would go "oh like dis?" while again wiggling to the outside. This happened like 7 times in a row. We wouldn't have kept trying to move her in more except EVERY time that she repositioned she put herself right to the very edge of the mattress. I felt like I was in a comedy movie. It was really hard to keep quiet and not laugh. Especially because she was being so polite, all half asleep and all, but unintentionally undoing everything we tried to do.
.
Eventually she didn't roll over and stayed on the inside, all the while still remarking "like dis?". The other night I nearly bonked her head with the door because she had fallen back asleep right in front of her bedroom door (after falling out and stumbling around for a minute). I think it will take a little while for her to get used to the fact that there is no front to keep her fenced in.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's sweet. What a goof! How old is Olivia? We are transferring Adelle from crib to bunk bed with brother here soon.
I'm sorry you were so sick. That's yucky. I've never had mastitis but I've heard horror stories. Glad you are well again.

Vashti said...

Olivia turned 2 in December. She could have been in a big girl bed a while ago, I just dragged my feet in case it threw off her napping (as in no napping because she could get out of her bed if she wanted to). So far so good though!

Peter and Lesha said...

that is too funny carson fell out of race car a few times too we thought about doing a twin cause these toddler beds/cribs are just too small they like to roll:)