Monday, May 10, 2010

On the mend

Is there nothing more precious than bathing beauties? Best medicine EVER!

My Mother's Day went better than I thought, although I wasn't really conscious for much of it which I consider a blessing. Thank goodness for antibiotic and leftover pain meds from birthing the babe I was able to sleep (read comatose) through the yuckiest parts. Although I have to say when I was awake I was not a happy person to be around. I am embarrassed to say that there was much murmuring and gnashing of teeth (read worse than a baby) coming from me for the hours I was awake.
.
Thankfully I have husband who takes it all, kids who miraculously napped often and long, and grandparents to whisk away kids when not napping. Plus it is hard to be in a bad mood when your toddler keeps telling you "Happy Moders Day". Or when you tell her you love her she replies "sanks".
.
I took great comfort this morning in getting back into my usual routine with some deep cleaning projects and soup making. I'm not 100% better but I am sure getting there!

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

ya know I did feel bad cause you had mastitis, but I didn't feel bad that it was on mothers day only cause I know you have such a great husband that is good to you all the time:) and cute kids:) but I hope you are better that totally sucks and I know the feeling can I do anything at all?

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're doing better! I really think the worst things in the world are (warning, TMI): hemorrhoids, mastitis, and toe injuries. Worse than labor, I swear!

Jayme said...

call if you need anything