Monday, October 8, 2012

Torii Beach

 We tried to take breaks during our unpacking of boxes blitz.  It's good for the mind, the kids and plus we were so excited to have wheels this weekend we wanted to whoop it up!  We had an Army Guy BBQ on Saturday afternoon with some of the guys Marcus works with.  We had a lot of fun meeting everyone and taking a break from the unpacking (our boxes were delivered that morning).   

Sunday we went to our new branch here and LOVED it.  Everyone was so nice and welcoming!  General Conference for us is being broadcasted next week instead of this last weekend due to the time change.  If anyone wants to know what General Conference is you can read about it HERE.  

Monday Marcus had the day off from work so we did some MUCH needed grocery shopping in the AM, grabbed some snacks and cold drinks, stopped my McDonald's on the way (the whole menu was in Japanese!  I had no idea what I was ordering for sure until I had it in my hands haha) and we hit up Torii Beach!

I picked up this chair at the PX.  It was the cheapest one there and when I took it out I was cracking up about how mega patriotic it is.  Rocking the national pride baby.
 Upside of being the picture taker?  Not having any beached whale shots of yourself at the beach.  Plus I still haven't been able to find a maternity swimsuit so I was rocking some work out shorts and a sports bra.  After I had sufficiently sun bathed I took and long, luxurious dip in the water.  I stayed in for a long, LONG time.  For the first time in many months I wasn't painfully aware of the huge ball protruding from my belly.  They salt water made it SO easy to float around.  So I just floated and floated.

Plus Marcus informed me that my sports bra top had turned see through in the water.  Awesome.  Did I mention our friend Murphy was also there swimming with us?  Double awesome.  Not only was I self conscious about my sheer girth and this point but I was also pretty much swimming topless.  Triple awesome.   So I made sure to swim, with only my head out of the water,  until the area had sufficiently cleared out and then I made a mad dash for my beach chair and my sun dress.  Real classy I tell you.

Also Marcus will probably barf that I posted all this on the blog for all the internets to see.  But I maintain he knew what he was getting into when he married me and my grand ability for over-sharing is just part of the Vashti package.
 That WATER I tell you!  This picture isn't even doing it justice for how beautiful the colors are!
 The girls were so quick to make friends with any other kids around us and they played their brains out while Marcus snorkeled with Murphy.  Olivia also had a run in with a little wave and learned how much salt water burns your nose.  She was a total champ and shook it off to keep whooping it up in the water.
 These swimsuits, as it turned out were way too big for all their bits so we were pretty much the inappropriate family.  If it wasn't me who was exposing myself due to my see though top, it was the girls with their droopy swimsuits.  Like I said, we are a real classy bunch.
 We found some sweet little sand buckets at the PX, so between building castles and looking for seashells (or SHESHELLS as Olivia calls them) they were happy as clams.
I am so pumped to beach my brains out, with a less revealing top, and rock it out until this baby comes! Oh Japan, how much I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

White trash much... hahahahahaaaaaa and the flag chair is icing on the cake.... someone needs to tell Marcus that he is playing with transparent fire himself in those white trunks of his. Amazing water.

Ariane said...

So jealous that you have a nice and beautiful beach close. The Pacific is so much nicer than the Atlantic. At least where I live. I'm so glad you all arrived safely. Miss you, too!

Unknown said...

Read all the posts... love it ALL. I can't believe that beach is so close! omg. Beautiful!

Andrea said...

You seriously make me laugh out loud. I needed that!
What a beautiful beach and place you have. Sounds like you are getting all settled in. Glad the travels all went well. You are a real trooper!

Kristen said...

You are hilarious. I love the swim suit story!