Bianca has really benefited from having some routine back to her day. I am sure Olivia has benefited from it too but I see the results the most with Bianca. She is normally the first one to wake up and she picks out a movie to start watching. Then she quietly tinkers around and watches the movie while I shower.
By the time I am out of the shower Olivia was wandered out and I pause the movie for breakfast all together. Depending on if the girls had baths at night or not we will do baths after breakfast, get dressed and brush our teeth.
Then the girls either just started playing for the day or sometimes they finish watching the movie that was started earlier. Bianca is loving having all her babies back and she drags them around with her everywhere. They are her little harem and she lovingly tends to them. They have blankets and bottles and get shushed to sleep.
Sometimes if she has to go potty or do something than she will bring them to me so I can watch them for her and keep them safe.
She has never been much of a TV watcher (like two minute intervals at a time due to her busy busy nature) but she has just started to get into it the last few weeks. She will sit and actually pay attention to a movie for a good 30 min in a stretch now which has been so fun. Not that my kids watch TV all day, because they don't. They watch a little in the morning when they are waking up and sometimes a little after naps or if we have a family movie in the evening.
Family movie times would always be NOT relaxing because Bianca didn't want to watch anything ever and would just run around and do things to sabotage the movie or whatever. It has been fun to actually all settle in after a long day and watch a movie all together. She gets that there is a story line and a point to them and it has been fun watching her get excited about what she sees.
Both girls are now totally in love with Barbie Movies. Olivia is getting a new Barbie movie for her birthday and I know it will be a huge hit!
Lately we have been watching this movie or parts of it every morning. It is Bianca's choice, she chooses this same movie every time. I LOVE it because this was one of my favorite movies growing up. Do you know what it is??
2 comments:
haha! I love that when you found out that we watched that movie also in our family, that it was such a surprise. This is a regular at our house too, and it's one I grew up on. Yeah for Jim Hensen! I know you know we know it, so I won't spoil it for others reading!
I just watched that movie last week... LOVE. It doesn't freak the girls out though? I still was a little grossed out at my ripe age. Love ya.
Post a Comment