Monday, October 15, 2012

What is typical anymore?

It is Tuesday here in the land of The Rising Sun.  I find my schedule is strangely not my normal schedule, obvious reasons aside.  I haven't left my house in two days.  TWO DAYS.  That is crazy weird for me.  Like normally I have to have the kids out on a walk or something at least once a day but I have absolutely NO desire.  

It isn't because I am down or depressed, I am crazily loving just being home.  Probably because I haven't had my own home in like 6 months.  I am loving vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, baking, making dinner, organizing.  Probably extra enhanced now that I am in the last trimester so you could say that it is nesting mode, but I think I would feel this way I think even if I wasn't with child.  
 I took my baby on my inaugural run in her new Japan home.  The sound of this baby running was like music to my ears.  I totally made cheesy garlic swirls for lunch, for no reason.  Other than they sounded really good and I thought "Hey!  Why not!".  The girls LOVED it, yummy baked goods for no special reason.

I have been also making big breakfasts every morning.  Like eggs and english muffins, whatever smorgasboard I feel like.  I want to branch out into more seasonal yummy things.  Like I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes with a cinnamon cream topping, or fresh muffins for breakfast.  Marcus is home for breakfast now so I am loving whipping up a little meal for us all first thing.
 Whilst I was Betty Crockering my brains out, the girls were living it up with play doh.  Bianca has a disasterous history with crafting.  It normally goes where I give her a chance to play with paints or color, then she invariably colors or paints all over the wall or furniture....then she is time out from crafts.   Then I let her do them again and the cycle repeats.  She did super good with the play doh so I think we might be turning a corner, I made sure to praise her TONS for her good big girl job.
 For lunch we feasted on left oven baked macaroni and cheese (Alton Brown's recipe, it was so good....but I made way to much so we pretty much have been eating it every day).  Mac and Cheese and Cheesy Rolls, how nutritious!  We did have tossed salad for lunch yesterday with fresh veggies, which is how I mentally justified this carb fest.  We were a bunch of three Vashti's while eating those rolls.  Moaning and exclaiming, all three of us.  It was pretty freaking awesome.

The girls have been playing their brains out with all their new again toys so after lunch we cleaned up really good and Bianca went down for her nap.  She is such a good napper.  Bless her heart.
Bianca's nap time means arts galore for Olivia!  She can paint and color undisturbed or molested from her high energy younger sister.  As I type this, whilst sipping my lovely Crystal Light, Olivia is singing the soundtrack to Wicked all by herself and drawing pictures of Rapunzel... BARBIE Rapunzel.   That is her new favorite thing to draw pictures of.

Sadly Crystal Light has a VERY small selection in our Commissary here.  They are stocked with all the Energy ones but I am trying to steer clear of those.  I had packed quite a stash I had stockpiled but my supply is slowly dwindling.  Making each one taste that much sweeter and perfect because there is an end in sight to my beloved beverage.  The water here actually tastes really amazing, but I love my fake flavored drinks so much!  Plus it really helps me get in the crazy amount of liquids I should be drinking whilst with child.

So just lots of hanging out around our new home.  Enjoying the quiet and the peace of having our own space all our own again.  It is truly magic.

Marcus got word that my minivan (or Libby Ban as Olivia puts it) will be ready for pick up after work today, so stay tuned for pictures!  I plan on doing a post of both of our new, sweet, driving on the other side of the road cars!

No comments: