Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gird Your Loins

Yeehaaaaaw folks!  I am 

A) No longer homeless
B)  Mostly unpacked in my new house
C)  Internet accessible
D)  Have my beaut of a iMac back
E)  Rockin' it out in Okinawa, Japan

Since all those criteria are met as far as my mental health and sanity goes, I am back up and running on the bliggity blog.  Before I get to our CRAZINESS travel of getting here, I wanted to do a quick summer roundup (or picture barf) to get us all up to pace.  Also there was so pretty magical things that happened from when the blog had to take a wee bit of a hiatus due to the aforementioned homelessness and I just couldn't handle it if I didn't, at least, touch on it briefly!  Also, if you are not pictured but contributed to my magical holiday of homelessness in WA, it is not for lack of love but lack of brains in actual picture taking or remembering to whip out my camera when said magical times occurred.  

 Special SPECIAL SPECIAL!!!!! Lunch with my big big girl.  This was when we were still in San Angelo at the most amazing sandwich place.  It was totally like the soup nazi episode on Seinfeld except they do sandwiches.  They totally kick you out of line if you don't have your act together when you go to order, and they MEAN business!  But seriously the best sandwiches EVA!
 After our lunch date, my friend JoAnna was also with us, we went to my ultrasound for the baby.  Olivia got to be in the room when they told us we were going to have a wee baby boy!  It was a very special day for Olivia and I.  She was so sweet and kept asking me during the ultrasound if I was comfy .  I am so glad my sweet girl could go with me.  (Marcus was unable to attend to due training shenanigans).
 We spent lots of time with Vienna, eating ice cream and playing dress up!
 On our way to WA we got to spend some extra special time with our Holman's.  Blainey and Olivia got to go to a big girl date night of Forever Plaid at the Pickleville Theater at Bear Lake.  They are so freaking cute, I can hardly stand it!
 Here they are during intermission.  Even though they were tired and it was late, they totally had a kick out of all the magical singing.
 Bianca had a birthday and we made sure to whoop it up right with tons of sugar and celebrating!
 Also along our journey to WA we made a pit stop at Arches National Park in Utah.  It was hotter than Hades but the girls enjoyed the short little walk and see the sights.
 More Vienna time at Birch Bay!
 EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!! WICKED!!!!!  Saw it for the first time while we were in SLC and it was THE BEST!  I had pretty freaking high expectations as I had been listening to the complete soundtrack in my car for years and it totally exceeding my expectations.  Sigh.  It was seriously magical.  Especially made more magical by seeing it with some of my favorite people.
 Also a trip through Utah would not be complete without a stop at Smith and Edwards.  Freaking love this place and the girls killed an hour just exploring all it had to offer!
 BEAR LAKE!!  We had a week pit stop at Bear Lake before we continued on to WA.  It was magical, soul satisfying, spoke to my heart, rejuvenating and everything I needed.  We spent countless hours being beach bums and soaking in the sun, sand and waves.
 I have been able to see a lot of magical places since we started on this whole Army thang, and I must say, Bear Lake will ALWAYS ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart for it's beauty and the special things I feel while I am there.
 These girls were so cute, playing in the water and making mudpies.
 Also at Smith and Edwards, Adrienne made her debut as a swamp monster.  She donned all this camo get up and proceeded to walk throughout the whole store trying to find the little girls to scare them.   She ended up startling quite a few shoppers in the process.  This is why I love this girl.
 Lots and Lots and LOTS of cuddles with our family while we were visiting in WA.
 More birthday celebrations for Bianca and Marcus.
Eating a TON of ice cream whilst trying to stay cool.  I pretty much hit up Edaleen at least three times a week (and that is at a minimum, for REALS) for the month and a half that I was there with girls.  It was total heaven and perfection every time.  Also I always loved to treat while at Edaleen because it is so decently priced.  So the girls there recognized me before I even got up because I normally always ordered at least 7 cones, depending on how many people I was with at the time.  Big spender here folks!  Ice cream for everyone at a dollar a pop!  Haha.

NOW that I have regurgitated my summer in one fail swoop I can get into the goods of our new life living abroad.  It is crazy, fun, weird, exhausting, magical and done up Radder style.  So stay tuned!

No comments: