So here is the tour of our house. We got the keys and moved in Thursday night. All our household goods were delivered on Saturday so we were busy worker bees getting everything unpacked. Luckily Marcus had a 4 day weekend so he was able to be home and help me get a good head start on setting up house.
We also bought the first of the two cars we will purchase while we are here on Friday so that has been pretty exciting have wheels to drive ourselves around.
Here is the view from the front door when you first walk in the house. The closet on the right has our washer and dryer in it and the little door to the left is a storage space.
To the right of the front door is our dining area. All the furniture is loaner furniture from the Government and we are really impressed with it.
From the dining room, here is the view into the kitchen. The kitchen is really big and I am super excited about it. Tons and tons of cabinets. I only have like half of them filled right now. It is so crazy awesome to have this much space!
If you go through the kitchen and turn left then you face the hallway and living room area.
This is our living room area. I am still figuring out how I want the layout to be. The desk will probably end up being moved into the back part of the room. The TV is right beside the computer desk.
The is from the kitchen down the hallway. The main bathroom is at the end of the hall. The girls rooms are on the right side of the hall and our bedroom is on the left side of the hall.
The loaner furniture was already moved in when we took possession and they had the beds split up in the rooms. The girls are going to be sharing a room but with all the unpacking we haven't felt like moving all their furniture around yet so they have their own rooms for right now. Especially after being in such close quarters in the hotel room I think everyone is just loving having their own space to stretch out.
They each picked out a set of sheets from the PX and they are just using their Princess fleece blankets right now. I found some really cute quilts with matching shams from target.com that were on clearance for only 20.00, pretty much score of the century. I am really excited to really get their rooms all situated once I get their cute quilts in.
This is the second bedroom AKA Bianca's room for right now. Eventually both girls will be in this room.
This is the main bath at the end of the hall AKA the girls bathroom. The tubs are freaking awesome. SUPER deep. Our bathroom is pretty much exactly the same as this one except for placement of tub and such, it is pretty much mirror image of this one.
Here is our room, AKA the catch all for the random little stuff I haven't put away yet. My back has been killing me after this weekend so I am just kinda taking it easy today (and updating the blog haha). Our bathroom is through the door to the right and our closet is on the left. The bed is a double which feels real tiny. I am thinking that might have to be one of our first furniture upgrades we make.
1 comment:
Oh come on... that bed looks plenty big enough for you and "legs" Marcus!!!
Post a Comment