10 weeks left baby! I kinda over did it with some mad organizing and furniture rearranging yesterday, so you would think I would learn my lesson and quiet things down today but I decided the bathrooms needed a good scrub down. Yay for cleaning! Except now my back is killing me, but my afternoon siesta will feel all the more glorious that it is hard earned ;)
Had my first excursion off base the day before yesterday... SOLO. Or as solo as you can be with two cute little girls with you. Luckily Camp Lester (where the hospital is) is just a 10 min drive down the road once I get into actual Okinawa proper. The girls were champs and this appointment ended up being a douzie! With initial paper work and "getting to know you questionnaire" (which was really more like complete medical history of everything that ever happened to you) we were there for over two hours. I was super prepared though and the girls did great. I had a bag just full of fun toys they hadn't seen in a while, colorings and a little bag of snacks.
I LOVE my Dr. She is super nice and it is a family practice too. I am switching the girls over to her today as well and I am really excited to be able to see the same Dr for all our needs. She was so nice and kind, really put me at ease and was super sweet to the girls.
I promised the girls McDonald's so we stopped at one on the way back to Kadena. We were the only non-Japanese people in the joint and it was the first time I truly felt like a fish out of water. I only accidently drove on the wrong side of the road once, plus it was a quiet little side street so I was able to correct myself without causing too much damage. Pretty much I consider the whole thing as a raging success. Made my way there? CHECK! Avoid hitting any cars? CHECK. Yes, I am a rockstar.
I guess they do recommend that once you hit 37 weeks that you go to the hospital to ride out all typhoons as sometimes roads and services can be down for a bit during the aftermath. I think I should be okay as the typhoon season ends at the end of November. The hospital looks really nice and I am excited about having the baby there. Well about having the baby out period. I am definitely reaching the uncomfortable feeling stage, I plan on keeping myself real busy to make this last stretch go by quick!

5 comments:
You are so cute! Glad you are settling in well.
Congratulations! You look great and being to 30 weeks is great!
You are such a strong woman, glad you found a trusting doctor that makes a huge difference.
Loves to you and the fam!
You are TINY!! Other than the bump of course! You look great! I love the girls in the background... uhhh mom?
Thanks everyone, your comments are so sweet! I definitely don't feel tiny Michelle, I already feel like I am my own solar system! 10 more weeks....10 more weeks...
Post a Comment