Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sicko's

So to top off our Halloween activities we had a lovely bout of "barf and poop your brains out" hit our house. Olivia first and then me. We were MISERABLE. There is nothing worse than having your girl sick but you can't really take care of her because you are camped out in front of the toilet. (Was that a little much? It felt kinda TMI...sorry).
.
Luckily magical, wonderful Helen saved the day! She brought me much needed BRAT diet supplies to help our "delicate" conditions and took my crazy baby off my hands for the day so Olivia and I could just do ... nothing.
.
Helen has saved my bacon on a number of occasions. I love her to pieces. My girls love her to pieces. We may be at Helen's house as much as she is at her house. Can you say "know your boundaries, Vashti?". She says she doesn't mind. I believe her. Hence we are always there!


Also a hazard of all the barfing was that this bad boy needed to be cleaned out. I have a confession to make. I have never once taken apart a car seat to clean it, nor put it back together again. That was always the Daddy's job. This was all new territory for me. As crazy as it sounds I was slightly scared about doing this and sad about doing this. Scared that when I took it apart I would wreck it some how and never be able to get it back together again, ruining my chances of escaping the house with the girls.
.
Sad because it made me miss my Marcus.
.
Day to day things I am really good at. We all know the routine. We now skype every night which the girls LOVE being able to talk to him that much. I don't even get too sad when we are talking. But something like this happens, something as stupid as taking apart a car seat, and I about have a mental breakdown.
.
It is random, run of mill, daily grind stuff that makes my heart well up with sadness. Just when I least expect it. So the car seat and I had an emotional moment together. But I did it, put it all back together in working order and felt like I had conquered Mt. Everest!
.
We all got better, a few pounds lighter and ready for adventure!

3 comments:

Rach said...

i totally understand what you mean about the carseat. You are not crazy.

glad you are all feeling better, sick kids are the worst...and being a sick mommy is even worse-r.

excited for you to "blog your brains out"

Jayme said...

I took apart our stroller years ago...It was never the same :)

Jenni said...

I had the exact same car seat experience years ago when Tyler and I were living apart for five months. It sent me into a complete emotional breakdown. I felt the same way you did.