Goodness Gracious me! This movie blew my socks off. For one this book to movie installment was my favorite so far. Keeping all the main points, no parts felt like they were dragging, good pace. PLUS we saw it in Imax which just put it over the top! I would happily pay full price to see this bad guy once, if not a few more times more before it leaves the theaters..
The only part that was weird was the insinuated nudity blip, which just felt off. Like even though it was a crazy intense scene, when it came on I was like "what the...." and felt slightly uncomfortable. It is not coming from a stance of only watching PG movies either, I do dabble in riskier ratings of movies... but it just kinda came out of nowhere and I felt like it was not really integral to the direction of the scene. It could have more than easily been done without that bit in there, which just made it seem like it was more in there for shock factor than anything else. But a blip it was (20-30 seconds) and even with the weirdness from that part I still totally loved it.
.
Has anyone else seen it?? What are your thoughts on that one scene?
4 comments:
So that's what it is! A girl at church told Syd that when we see it, close your eyes when Harry says "one, two, three"... so we'll obey! :) I wonder why they chose that? I don't remember reading any nudity? But it's been a while...
Well it is basically this vision showing Ron all the things he fears about himself. His Mom wishing Harry was her son instead, Hermione and Harry in love....leading to them both kissing a la nude!
I think it still would have been impactful with them kissing with their clothes ON... but I can also see how Voldemort is evil mcevilson so it's not like he is going to keep things PG just for Ron's delicate nature. But it did feel a (ahem) TAD forced and not really needed.
That was one of the reasons why we didn't see the money this weekend. Rumors of a "nudity scene". I think we'll be going soon.
i LOVED the movie! even a lot of the dialog was exactly the same from the boook. the nakie scene was very shocking. i mean i pretty much saw hermione's tits! i think it could have been done with their clothes, but i do think it still got across rons intense insecurities bc i t made just as mad as ron that they were kissing
Post a Comment