Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Say hello to the Pixie.

Something just had to be done. Olivia even knew it. That danged curse of baby girl hair that takes forever to grow out and looks ridiculous.
Cousin Vienna of course had to get in on the action.

Bianca had some major mullet action going on. I remember how long it took for Olivia's crazy hair to grow out and it just made me anxious. Olivia's hair is STILL growing out those baby layers.
.
Plus I was feeling kinda depressed about my hair (problem solved...hair appointment for January with my name on the list to call in case of cancellations). I knew me and Olivia were going to be hooped for a while and just figured at least one of us girls needed to have some sassy hair.
.
So, on a total whim while my Mom and Auntie Michelle was here, I went for it. That's right, sister.... I CHOPPED IT ALL OFF.
First cut... excitement plus "Oh crap, what did I just do."
But I knew at that point there was no turning back. A big ole chunk of Mr. Mullet was gone. With a sucker as a distractionary tool I just kept hacking away.

And I have to say that I am IN LOVE with how it turned out!

I had some hair wax left over from when my hair was short and just spiked it up all sassy like.
Half the time people can't tell if babies are boys or girls, even if you have them dressed in blue or pink. Her hair just looks so healthy and spunky, just like her fun little self.
No more mullets for this baby. It is so awesome because she knows how fabulous she looks. She will take both her hands and run them through her hair and just smile at me. I am already getting excited about all the different ways I can spike it and/or put in cute little clips for the front part.
.
Watch out world. We got a pixie baby on the loose!
.
PS- Hopefully Marcus doesn't kill me ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it :) I'm not a mullet fan :)

kaitlyn said...

her hair is gorgeous! yours is not... you know how i feel. i called you right after i read this.

Peter and Lesha said...

she is so cute it doesn't matter what her hair looks like. it is cute and she wont have the guts to do it when she is my age so go for it:)