Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Virgin

In case you don't know where I live... we are exactly 2.5 miles away from Stoney Ridge Farms. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE! I have lived 2.5 miles away from this place for 13 years. I fully realize that I am the lamest person on the planet.
.
Every year we would have the best of intentions but then either someone would get sick and/or Marcus would have to work over-time... and it never happened. This year we made it and Kaitlyn took roughly a kerbillion pictures for me so that way I could post a kerbillion pictures which would then allow Marcus to feel like he was there with us through the kerbillion of pictures.
.
I have to say "Mission Accomplished!". So here are now a kerbillion pictures.

We had a gaggle of children, it was so fun! Anna brought her kids along for the ride too! Olivia thought the hay ride was THE COOLEST. Whenever she gets really excited she does this embarrassed-purse-her-lips-together smile. For the hay ride she was embarrassed smiling her brains out.
Best Friends.
Konks' mullet has now reached a slightly less awkward phase. It is now in "I can finally fit two tiny pigtails in my hair" phase. Her Buddha belly kinda rocks too.
And here we have a candid "look how mature and motherly we are solving the problems of the world whilst taking our kids on a magical farm adventure and allowing them to frolic about."

Henry deciding the group strategy for mastering the corn maze.
My mom knits and made the girls these AWESOME sweaters. The color looks so great with their skin tone and I love it when my girls are matchy matchy.
Me: "Ride that pony"
Blaine: "But that isn't a pony it's a mailbox!"
Me: "That it is!"


Konks loves it when she gets to be like the big girls.
Olivia has had practice with these bad boys thanks to magical Auntie Helen!
It's a pumpkin tree!
.
Kaitlyn was there, she was just busy being my personal photographer to be in any of the shots. It was so fun and we went on the cheap Thursday which made it even better! I was of course kicking myself for having not gone there sooner, as I figured I would.
.
The only thing that would have made it more perfect was if Daddy could have been there with us!

5 comments:

JoeKatie said...

Beautiful pictures! And I don't think you are lame for never going till now, it is more fun with the kids!

Unknown said...

Very cute! And your sweater rocks :)

kaitlyn said...

you are the lamest, EVER. but that is probably why i love you. can i say lurv? pretty please?

b & o are so cute. i just LURV them.

and olivia's embarrassed excited smile is my favorite. it is hilarious. what a goofball.

we had a blast! thanks for making me laugh with this blog!

kaitlyn said...

ps bottom picture you totally look like a martian with your sweater. or maybe someone of star trek... or battlestar gallactica, perhaps?

anna b. said...

freakin' fantastic! LOVE the pics. Thanks for including me on this adventure!